RAPTOR SUPERCHARGER FOR LIB 3.0

Re: RAPTOR SUPERCHARGER FOR LIB 3.0

Postby Robbks » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:25 am

can the compressor cover be rotated easily to point down/ out into the inner guard for FMIC piping?
if that was the case, the piping would be very short compared with most Subaru FMIC setups
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby Tradewind » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:53 am

The compressor cover will rotate 360 degrees

When the outlet is behind the transmission I machine the back of the trans so that you can still fit hose onto compressor cover outlet easily otherwise its a fraction too close
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby Robbks » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Tradewind wrote:The compressor cover will rotate 360 degrees

good news.
now do i spend that $6K on bathroom renovations or a super-charger..??
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Postby Tradewind » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:19 pm

The bathroom renovations - of course :D
Tradewind

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:04 pm

Robbks wrote:
Tradewind wrote:The compressor cover will rotate 360 degrees

good news.
now do i spend that $6K on bathroom renovations or a super-charger..??

:lol: :lol: :moil: :moil:
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

Bright ideas

Postby Tradewind » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Well, thanks to all our brainstorming here I have to colour up the comp housing on one of the chargers in black now.

Oh well, out they go Monday : )
Tradewind

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Well who knows one day might be able to pick up a second hand one :roll: :D :D
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Postby Robbks » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Another thought
What about a bare bones kit that ships with only the SC and mounting hardware (to drive the SC) and include the new AFM, injectors optional.

no piping/ bov, etc
this option would suit people who wish to run a FMIC setup which is going to need custom plumbing, etc
So cutting off a few hundred dollars depending on what components you opt out of.
i.e parts like 2nd hand injectors would be cheaper to source, a different BOV may be needed depending on piping configuration, etc

THIS option would be more attractive to someone like myself who can have the piping fabrication done for next to nothing, and i'm happy to scrounge for parts, or use second-hand

just some feedback/ food for thought
Robbks

Postby marki » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:00 pm

5-7k for 270kw at the FLY!!! -- Dude if your after big power by an XR6T, Get it Chipped for less than 1k and you would be running 300+Kw at the WHEELS!
marki

Car: 03 MY04 2.5i

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:26 pm

I like the way you think Rob :good: :good:
Lib 3.0LR

Kits from Raptor

Postby Tradewind » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:20 pm

I will make it clearly known here for ALL

When you are considering to purchase a partial supercharger kit from Raptor you can buy just the stuff you need, we have always offered this service.

In the case of this new Liberty H6 kit I will be right on your case to make sure its done correctly and that results will be pleasing for both you the owner and for us. We are done with know it alls screwing up perfectly good hardware and getting crap results. I have lost count just lately of Holden V6 intercooled SC kit owners which were making around 200rwkw as supplied by us, after a year or so they decide to modify their system, bigger cooler, change this or that ...........and before you know it, the boost is at 7psi instead of 10psi and 185rwkw instead of 200 and they want a smaller pulley to FIX the problem. On the other hand a couple of guys made IC systems so good that they were better than ours and we advised customers to go to them in their area. So, from the start we are gonna set a high bar that sees every Raptor charged Lib getting a good result no matter who assembles it.

So

You will ALWAYS consider the following items regardless of what you think you know:

1. BOV, I will give you all no choice on this, these are critical to good supercharger performance, I have 2 types which we recalibrate for supercharger use. One can be plumbed back and the other is to atmo, take your pick and they will arrive with your SC and other bits.

2. Use at least 2.5" pipe between charger outlet and cooler inlet

3. Use ONLY 3" pipe between cooler and throttle body

4. You must also accept that you may be far less skillful at building an intercooler system than you think you are, or you could be ok. The point is if you install a system that reduces boost to the intake by 2-4psi you will have a hard time getting Raptor to supply a smaller pulley to solve your screw up. We know for absolute fact it is now possible to constuct ATA systems with .5psi max pressure loss. We also know some people seem to be able to build a system which just sucks away huge amounts of boost. Raptor will gladly and readily supply boost upgrade pulleys to people whose system is very low loss, the others can start again. I can provide tips on how to build low loss systems. ATA systems can be heaven or hell, even total hell if they are built badly.

5. If using WTA you can do whatever you like and you cant get it wrong.

6. Another area for problems for the home builders are air filters, there is no end of performance restricting air filters on the market under fancy names.

7. Fuel injectors - I have lately let LS1 kit owners buy their own fuel injectors, they all went the Ebay direction - all had big dramas and ended up buying new injectors - no further issues. I believe one of our Liberty customers found the same thing and upon having his set of injectors tested found that 2 were out of range and not salvagable - saved himself an engine by getting them tested. Either buy brand new or get a set from a low KM WRX and have them cleand and tested at somewhere like Powerflow injection. You need something around 410cc, big injectors are a tuners headache in the low RPM region so try and stay below 450cc unless you are going to 9000rpm

8. Maybe use a set of 1 heat range colder spark plugs

9. If you see a second hand Raptor Supercharger headunit for sale someplace ....... yes you can use it for your Liberty so long as it doesnt have a 90 degree outlet, simply purchase the unit and then send it to Raptor to have the correct pulley fitted and for general check over. You could get very lucky on this one, but your charger will be the older heavy internals type, all genuine Liberty kits get the new light weight charger which has far quicker response.

10. Tuning. An engine in the hands of a bad tuner is a 1 use item so get yourself a good tuner for those not going with xtremeracingtuning who advertises here.

As above I will sell you any individual parts you want, but I want you to get a sweet outcome
Tradewind

Postby Robbks » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:50 am

And good advice too.

marki wrote:5-7k for 270kw at the FLY!!! -- Dude if your after big power by an XR6T, Get it Chipped for less than 1k and you would be running 300+Kw at the WHEELS!

And still be driving a fkn piece of junk car around a powerful motor. :roll: :roll:

for the $21K i spent on a 5 year old liberty with 120,000km on it
i could have bought a 12 month old falcodore with 20,000km on it if i wanted.
but they're terribly built sh!tbarges and i don;t want to drive one.
Robbks

Postby Tradewind » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:52 am

I would like to get into a Liberty soon too if possible

These cars have magificent build quality that you cant find in a 4 year old Australian car
Tradewind

Postby kiks » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Lol what? Build quality? Have you looked closely at any subaru since 1994?

As for falcadore comment. A 4 year old falcon is as nice of a place to be in as a gen 4 liberty will ever be, and infinitely better for eating up the highway miles. Its just something stupid subaru owners have in their head thinking they drive something special. I'm guilty owning a few :p But at least I know a falcon is a lightyear better at a lot of tasks and second hand is as cheap as chips.

Just saying. Keen to see supercharger dyno's from reputable non rexnet workshops. Send a car to Mark Jacobson or Matt Spry so we can see what they really put out.
kiks

Car: 1UZTurbo HQ ute, Gen3 1GZ 5L V12 lib

Postby Robbks » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:11 pm

kiks wrote:As for falcadore comment. A 4 year old falcon is as nice of a place to be in as a gen 4 liberty will ever be, and infinitely better for eating up the highway miles. Its just something stupid subaru owners have in their head thinking they drive something special. I'm guilty owning a few :p But at least I know a falcon is a lightyear better at a lot of tasks and second hand is as cheap as chips.

Had a BA and a BF as a company car (no choice) and they were shitbarges to be in and drive
currently have a goddam VE calais to punt around in from time to time, you may aswell not be driving it.. no feedback or road feel.
the leather and finish is nowhere near as nice as my RB which is lightyears ahead as far as comfort goes over my Gen2 (1994) Legacy GT
Robbks

PreviousNext

Return to Raptor Superchargers