KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:49 pm

BATMAN87 wrote:I had my car tuned previously by another tuner, and had it retuned this morning by Matt, and im really surprised in the difference. He showed me the maps I had from the previous tuner which was running pretty rich. Now it is running leaner and has more power in it… that I can actually feel! :D

Few things I noticed on the drive to work this morning.
*The car does not jerk when driving slow up and around my car park at work, and much more smoother to drive.
*fuel consumption has dropped (usually around 13.8)
*the DBW delay is gone.
Which were the main things that were annoying me with this car. Now I can look forward to not selling it and keeping it.

Matt really knows his stuff.

Cheers again mate.


Glad to hear your loving the car! Funny how 5th gear was pulling like 3rd until we realised we had the wrong gear lol
Definitely looks like fuel economy on the highway will improve out of sight!

Being able to sit there and monitor how you used the acc pedal was an advantage!
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
User avatar
KiDo_Tuning
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 pm
Car: Subarus + Nissans
Real name: Matt

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby dr20t » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:20 am

How the hell did I miss this :(

Bryce/ Matt any chance of a tune at jem in Sydney anytime soon? Mostly lookig to improve avcs ramp rates to assist with spool up , tcu to ecu referencing (which I know you're one of the only blokes in the world to figure out) and improve throttle response.

I bought a 6 speed manual as a fix to the above but if I can get the auto sorted on y current setup for now then I'll hold off on the manual conversion until my built motor is ready

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
User avatar
dr20t
 
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:43 pm
Location: South West Sydney NSW
Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Real name: Mick
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby XT_for_me » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:32 am

I can put you in the queue for a remote tune. As for Matt getting back to Sydney, no idea when, but sooner or later it will happen.
Stopping is not optional!

KiDo Racing Big Brake Kits, Coilover Suspension, Tunes, Turbo rebuilds, and Kamak Turbos
Brake Kits
Coilovers
Tuning
Chassis Braces

Image
User avatar
XT_for_me
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Sunbury VIC.
Car: Subaru Forester MY09 XT
Real name: Bryce

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:43 pm

dr20t wrote:How the hell did I miss this :(

Bryce/ Matt any chance of a tune at jem in Sydney anytime soon? Mostly lookig to improve avcs ramp rates to assist with spool up , tcu to ecu referencing (which I know you're one of the only blokes in the world to figure out) and improve throttle response.

I bought a 6 speed manual as a fix to the above but if I can get the auto sorted on y current setup for now then I'll hold off on the manual conversion until my built motor is ready

Mick


Hey Mick,
A Sydney return trip is a while off, a wideband remote E-tune can achieve some amazing results and then fine tuned in person next time I am down for no additional charge from me(minimal dyno charge after hours)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
User avatar
KiDo_Tuning
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 pm
Car: Subarus + Nissans
Real name: Matt

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby dr20t » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
dr20t wrote:How the hell did I miss this :(

Bryce/ Matt any chance of a tune at jem in Sydney anytime soon? Mostly lookig to improve avcs ramp rates to assist with spool up , tcu to ecu referencing (which I know you're one of the only blokes in the world to figure out) and improve throttle response.

I bought a 6 speed manual as a fix to the above but if I can get the auto sorted on y current setup for now then I'll hold off on the manual conversion until my built motor is ready

Mick


Hey Mick,
A Sydney return trip is a while off, a wideband remote E-tune can achieve some amazing results and then fine tuned in person next time I am down for no additional charge from me(minimal dyno charge after hours)


Done

Logs will be sent shortly !

Happy to travel a couple of hours if need be to get dyno fine tuning sorted.

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
User avatar
dr20t
 
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:43 pm
Location: South West Sydney NSW
Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Real name: Mick
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:37 am

Planned travel dates are currently being set but look to be:
Sydney for two days/2 nights in early August
then flying to
Gold Coast(Chevron Island & Southport areas) for 3 days
then flying to
Brisbane Airport/Hendra area for 3 days/4 nights
the off to North West WA/Karratha region for 13 days(available only after 8pm)

All inquiries can be directed to: tunes@kido-racing.com.au

Cheers :)
Matt
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
User avatar
KiDo_Tuning
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 pm
Car: Subarus + Nissans
Real name: Matt

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby su34ru » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:21 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
su34ru wrote:Couldn't agree more!
I had a tune done on my MY10 2.5 N/A wagon this evening and am very impressed with Matt's knowledge as well as his openness. I could see everything he was doing and he was happy to explain things where I had questions. Enjoyed the experience and now looking forward to enjoying my car. Will post again on how things are after observing for a week. For now, I can feel smoother power and torque across a wider rev range. :)


Thanks for meeting up with me, again writing a definition file to be able to tune the car was half of the fun! The CVT obviously enjoyed the smoother shifts as well!


Hi Matt,
Been observing the post tune car. Here are my notes -
* The power and torque improvement is about 10-20%, so while it is not obvious now that I have become used to it, I know there is improvement
* Economy has been the real surprise - I did a trip on the M2 to Sydney airport and back (about 90kms) and managed 6.0 l/100km... that's touching diesel economy! The best I had before was 7.8... It is worth noting that this was mainly a freeway drive. My daily drive to work in stop-start city traffic remains about the same at about 9 l/100km

Nice work Matt. Thanks again. I'm tempted to do more work with you :)
su34ru
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: MY10 Sports Premium Wagon
Real name: Raghu

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby XT_for_me » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:52 pm

su34ru wrote:Nice work Matt. Thanks again. I'm tempted to do more work with you :)

Careful, the next thing will be a Raptor supercharger ;)
Stopping is not optional!

KiDo Racing Big Brake Kits, Coilover Suspension, Tunes, Turbo rebuilds, and Kamak Turbos
Brake Kits
Coilovers
Tuning
Chassis Braces

Image
User avatar
XT_for_me
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:53 pm
Location: Sunbury VIC.
Car: Subaru Forester MY09 XT
Real name: Bryce

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:38 pm

August Travel Plans confirmed!
Sydney on 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th
14th - Unavailable
Goldcoast on 15th, 16th and 17th.
Brisbane on 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st
Newcastle on 21st/22nd overnight stay
Melbourne 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th
Canberra 28th/29th
Sydney 29th/30th

31st... home

Send an email through to tunes@kido-racing.com.au with your chosen city in the subject line to organise a suitable date and time!
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
User avatar
KiDo_Tuning
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 pm
Car: Subarus + Nissans
Real name: Matt

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby dr20t » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:40 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:August Travel Plans confirmed!
Sydney on 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th
14th - Unavailable
Goldcoast on 15th, 16th and 17th.
Brisbane on 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st
Newcastle on 21st/22nd overnight stay
Melbourne 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th
Canberra 28th/29th
Sydney 29th/30th

31st... home

Send an email through to tunes@kido-racing.com.au with your chosen city in the subject line to organise a suitable date and time!


Hi matt

Just wondering if I still have to send you an email based on my previous pm's and txts?

Any of the Sydney days suit me and as discusse would prefer dyno time too

Cheers

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
User avatar
dr20t
 
Posts: 4184
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:43 pm
Location: South West Sydney NSW
Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Real name: Mick
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby libz05 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:45 am

e-mail sent matt!
libz05
 
Posts: 1262
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:36 pm
Location: Sydney
Car: 2005 my06 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15492

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby PinkK » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:16 pm

email sent :) only a little excited :) Will kick me into gear to get stuff installed
User avatar
PinkK
-stickered-
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:54 pm
Location: Melbourne
Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec. B Wagon
Real name: Alex

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby WheelieBin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:07 pm

What impact (if any) does this have on those of us waiting patiently in the queue for a remote tune? ;)
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
User avatar
WheelieBin
 
Posts: 771
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:59 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Real name: Ben Horder
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

WheelieBin wrote:What impact (if any) does this have on those of us waiting patiently in the queue for a remote tune? ;)


Minimal, if any :)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
User avatar
KiDo_Tuning
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 pm
Car: Subarus + Nissans
Real name: Matt

Re: KiDo Tunes - Hands on in Melb and Syd. Limited dates

Postby Rome_BRZ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Matt quick question...will you be planning regular trips? Or will they be rare?

For example, would you consider making quarterly trips? Or would it be less often than that?
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI
 
Posts: 4305
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 pm
Location: Sydney, NSW
Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Real name: Jerome
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

PreviousNext

Return to KiDo Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest