Lets talk tuning (KiDo Tunes)

Re: Lets talk tuning (KiDo Tunes)

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:40 am

<GB> wrote:the car doesn't have a stock maf housing check my profile URL out >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's got a 3 inch alloy tube with a pod under th wheel arch area, the maf is a bigger unit not the stock one it's all custom, it's a dense unit I have the numbers, I've just been told its not standard so the scaling should be all different

Th maxed out injected were the old ones rateed around 650cc

I've always said my issue coud be can overlap... As far as the idle issue, once it gets up there in a power run it sounds mad even the tuner said its good

The turbo was custom made at ATP in Melbourne the guy wouldn't give me the specs as its his special unit, it's a core that's been made ball bearing with different housings and wheels internal gate

My apologies, I was reading on my phone and thought you changed back to the stock MAF pipe when the dyno run was done. Just was going off what you had posted which was a bit confusing :)

Big cams always have issue with overlap, is also the issue with Dual AVCS overlap but it can be achieved ;) I am running 45 degrees overlap on the 08+ STi Impreza and picks up 30%+ more torque at 3000rpm on stock boost so the gains are available with overlap done correctly. Are you chasing tyre frying torque or a 1/4 mile runner?

Little more overlap makes the engine want to rev much quicker and gets better ET's and MPH but on a dyno, the overlap loses derived torque due to static ramp speed when the engine wants to accelerate faster ;)

My suggestion is I can have the ROM converted to Speed Density blended tuning on boost. The engine can idle and cruise as per normal but once on boost, the ECU converts to MAP sensor tuning so you can use a stock MAF and even a stock airbox and get the power you want :)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Robbks » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:49 am

<GB> wrote:im very hesitant with anyone with my car at this stage as lots of people have played with it and not gotten the thing sorted

It sounds like you've been a$$ed around by a lot of people that have half a clue. on their day they're probably fine with a basic setup but are less than equipped on the modern ECU's and the issues involved once you start to max out stock parts.

I don;t know Matt, or had any dealings with him (yet), but it's rare to get this kind of insight into what he's doing to fix a problem.
most tuners like to keep the veil of the "Black Art of Tuning" in place and tell you it's just far too complicated for us to understand.
probably because they're just fudging their way through it themselves.
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby XT_for_me » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 am

Robbks wrote:most tuners like to keep the veil of the "Black Art of Tuning" in place and tell you it's just far too complicated for us to understand.
probably because they're just fudging their way through it themselves.

Yeah, that has been my experience.
Stopping is not optional!

KiDo Racing Big Brake Kits, Coilover Suspension, Tunes, Turbo rebuilds, and Kamak Turbos
Brake Kits
Coilovers
Tuning
Chassis Braces

XT_for_me

Car: Subaru Forester MY09 XT

Postby <GB> » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:18 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
<GB> wrote:the car doesn't have a stock maf housing check my profile URL out >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's got a 3 inch alloy tube with a pod under th wheel arch area, the maf is a bigger unit not the stock one it's all custom, it's a dense unit I have the numbers, I've just been told its not standard so the scaling should be all different

Th maxed out injected were the old ones rateed around 650cc

I've always said my issue coud be can overlap... As far as the idle issue, once it gets up there in a power run it sounds mad even the tuner said its good

The turbo was custom made at ATP in Melbourne the guy wouldn't give me the specs as its his special unit, it's a core that's been made ball bearing with different housings and wheels internal gate

My apologies, I was reading on my phone and thought you changed back to the stock MAF pipe when the dyno run was done. Just was going off what you had posted which was a bit confusing :)

Big cams always have issue with overlap, is also the issue with Dual AVCS overlap but it can be achieved ;) I am running 45 degrees overlap on the 08+ STi Impreza and picks up 30%+ more torque at 3000rpm on stock boost so the gains are available with overlap done correctly. Are you chasing tyre frying torque or a 1/4 mile runner?

Little more overlap makes the engine want to rev much quicker and gets better ET's and MPH but on a dyno, the overlap loses derived torque due to static ramp speed when the engine wants to accelerate faster ;)

My suggestion is I can have the ROM converted to Speed Density blended tuning on boost. The engine can idle and cruise as per normal but once on boost, the ECU converts to MAP sensor tuning so you can use a stock MAF and even a stock airbox and get the power you want :)

sorry about the confusion, the dyno the car had the maf the car came with, when i sent it to be looked at for its leaning out issue the tuner said that the maf doesnt suit the air flow at idle and doesnt have the resolution, he put a stock on on to see if it would help the issues my car has.

the car is single avcs

atm i dont care about 1/4 or torque i just want the car running right and to stop pissing money up the wall, ive spent thousands with no gain, the car nearly came back to me on a truck yesterday as a non goer as it was pulled apart it left running

thanks for your time and answers, i have to wait till the valve clearances are done before i decide where to go from here... im running out of patience and money

when are you back in melbourne?
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby Tradewind » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Kyp from ATP will help out if he knows its going to get you going, however it really just needs a good tuner on the job and it will come together even if nothing is known about the turbo, once the tune gets to see its operational range he will have it sorted in no time.

Sounds like the AFM could need some upgrade to cope with the flow
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby <GB> » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Tradewind wrote:Kyp from ATP will help out if he knows its going to get you going, however it really just needs a good tuner on the job and it will come together even if nothing is known about the turbo, once the tune gets to see its operational range he will have it sorted in no time.

Sounds like the AFM could need some upgrade to cope with the flow

Kyp form atp told me nothing other than some of the very basic specs in my thread ive spoken to him twice, hes keeping it close to his chest saying its a custom atp if you want one its $3500..... but that doesnt matter it wont really matter not knowing its specs

we are going to down grade the maf not upgrade it lol
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby Robbks » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 am

<GB> wrote:Kyp form atp told me nothing other than some of the very basic specs in my thread ive spoken to him twice, hes keeping it close to his chest saying its a custom atp if you want one its $3500..... but

Ooh, one of those "special" ones
that are no different to a standard unit except the secret squirrels make it cost twice as much.... :assassin: :assassin:

for $3500 it would want to make it's 24psi at 1500rpm, hold it to redline and make 350KW ATW

<GB> wrote:i just got off the phone with atp, he wouldnt tell me too much he said it was a 60/1 mitsibishi ihi thats been converted into a ball bearing unit,
said if you want one there $3500 not a 22g or td05 or 6.
the turbo was made to meet the specs of the power required and said it will be fine on 300kw with a internal gate, the actuator is a one bar unit
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby Tradewind » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:16 am

Kido

Can you check your PMs please, a customer on mine is trying to make contact with you for a tune.
Tradewind

Postby XT_for_me » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:16 pm

All my PM's are up to date. Did he PM Matt (KiDo_tuning)?
Stopping is not optional!

KiDo Racing Big Brake Kits, Coilover Suspension, Tunes, Turbo rebuilds, and Kamak Turbos
Brake Kits
Coilovers
Tuning
Chassis Braces

XT_for_me

Car: Subaru Forester MY09 XT

Postby Tradewind » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:35 pm

XT_for_me wrote:All my PM's are up to date. Did he PM Matt (KiDo_tuning)?

Without checking I would say yes, I can get back to him and ask him to PM you XT
Tradewind

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Tradewind wrote:
XT_for_me wrote:All my PM's are up to date. Did he PM Matt (KiDo_tuning)?

Without checking I would say yes, I can get back to him and ask him to PM you XT

Found it, I thought I hit reply but hit 'Save' instead :)

KiDo_Tuning

Postby Tradewind » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Good work

I am sure you can assist, its something you are already familiar with :)
Tradewind

Postby valadares » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:31 am

thanx for understanding Matt
valadares

Car: OUTBACK MY'08 H6 RAPTOR Subarcharged

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:10 am

<GB> wrote:sorry about the confusion, the dyno the car had the maf the car came with, when i sent it to be looked at for its leaning out issue the tuner said that the maf doesnt suit the air flow at idle and doesnt have the resolution, he put a stock on on to see if it would help the issues my car has.
the car is single avcs
atm i dont care about 1/4 or torque i just want the car running right and to stop pissing money up the wall, ive spent thousands with no gain, the car nearly came back to me on a truck yesterday as a non goer as it was pulled apart it left running
thanks for your time and answers, i have to wait till the valve clearances are done before i decide where to go from here... im running out of patience and money

Melbourne again in a few weeks, sorting out dates this weekend :)

KiDo_Tuning

Postby PinkK » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:52 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
<GB> wrote:sorry about the confusion, the dyno the car had the maf the car came with, when i sent it to be looked at for its leaning out issue the tuner said that the maf doesnt suit the air flow at idle and doesnt have the resolution, he put a stock on on to see if it would help the issues my car has.
the car is single avcs

Melbourne again in a few weeks, sorting out dates this weekend :)

Awesome, I will definitely be interested in a time.
PinkK
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec. B Wagon

PreviousNext

Return to KiDo Racing