Lets talk tuning (KiDo Tunes)

Re: Lets talk tuning (KiDo Tunes)

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Sheik Jabooti wrote:So how do you guys get the turbo to spool sooner? I thought it was a physical limitation of how much exhaust gas needs to move through before the turbo spools up, rather than tuning parameters?

Also keen to know what gains you can get from a stock 2007 Liberty GT (Auto). I've had feedback from a couple of tuners to say max of 5% gains without doing the exhaust (DP at a minimum). Basically don't bother with a tune until you replace the dump pipe.

Cheers.

Fueling, timing, WGDC tables and AVCS all affects spool but more importantly, it is torque which makes the biggest difference.

Put it this way, I have a dyno proven 22% power gain on a stock standard as it rolled off the showroom floor condition MY11 STi, which also picked up 30% more torque and yet runs only 0.8psi more boost than stock(15psi, not 14.2psi)

The MY07 Liberty GT 5EAT in even stock form will gain 15% peak power and 18% peak torque on a safe tune :)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby HoFF » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:13 pm

What can you do for a stock H6? ;)

Im thinking of putting on an xforce centre and y pipe on. Would that make a difference tuning wise?
HoFF
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT MY09 Foz
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13577&start=255

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:35 am

HoFF wrote:What can you do for a stock H6? ;)

Im thinking of putting on an xforce centre and y pipe on. Would that make a difference tuning wise?

The exhaust would alter the timing requirements of the engine, so you would experience a drop in torque over a fully tuned car, however I could update the car next time I am in town for a minimal fee.

KiDo_Tuning

Postby libz05 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:08 am

hey matt!!!!!
i was wondering what power increase and torque i would be expecting on a stock my06 3.0r-b?
thanks
libz05

Car: 2005 my06 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15492

Postby WheelieBin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:49 am

libz05 wrote:hey matt!!!!!
i was wondering what power increase and torque i would be expecting on a stock my06 3.0r-b?
thanks

Are you finally giving up on selling it?
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby libz05 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:22 pm

lol! well ive got plenty of offers but im due for my license agian shortly so may keep the car :D
libz05

Car: 2005 my06 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15492

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:50 pm

libz05 wrote:hey matt!!!!!
thanks

Solid 10% or more increase in top end power, the gains are in the midrange where up to 25% is possible with a stock car as the ignition timing is less than optimal due to being so erratic and the fuel tables run very rich :)

Expect to shave a solid second off the 0-100kph time for a real world comparison but get gains in fuel economy as well :)

At this stage, I am pretty booked out though for this trip, however may be able to organise something next time I am in Sydney.

KiDo_Tuning

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Per gear wastegate duty control in 07 onwards Liberty GT is sorted. Full boost in 1st gear pulls harder than 3rd gear!

KiDo_Tuning

Postby HoFF » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:11 pm

I have posted this in my build thread but I will repost here for ease of reference.

On Friday I had the chance to catch up with Matt from Kido Tuning, and how glad I am that I did. :)

The car is just so much smoother and easier to drive now. Right through the rev range it just wants to pull and pull now.

Matching the throttle and the clutch together on take off and gear changes is so easy now with the Dbw and anti stall adjusted.

I have only had one drive in peak hour traffic so far but fuel economy has already improved by 0.8L per 100klms so it will be good to see how it goes with my usual 1000klms a week traveling to and from work.

Matt made it a very simple and friendly experience and I would recommend this tune to any one.

Thanks Matt and Bryce

Ps Matt I'm very interested for more info on your cars as im sure many others would be as well. 3.5lt v6 in a pulsar haha
HoFF
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT MY09 Foz
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13577&start=255

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:37 pm

I also had the pleasure in meeting Matt and having a custom tune done this afternoon, and must say the car has been transformed into a smother and much better drive. The Auto now shifts much quicker and smoother all I can say I am one happy customer, :D also gained a little more power. As Tom said (Matt made it a very simple and friendly experience and I would recommend this tune to anyone.)
Thanks Matt & Bryce

Cheers George

PS Matt I hope you recovered after that clown came out of a side street while I was doing over 100ks :shock:
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

Postby legacydan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:43 am

is the wideband A/F meter necessary? I have everything else needed to do this kind of tune except the meter, so i wouldn't need all the hardware. Is the hardware rented or purchased? Is this open to jdm legacy's?
legacydan

Car: Legacy b4 jdm import

Postby Rome_BRZ » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:52 am

Matt what is the longest period of time a Liberty has had one of your tunes for?
Rome_BRZ
formerly Rome_STI

Car: 2015 Audi S3 Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12392

Postby XT_for_me » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:59 pm

legacydan wrote:is the wideband A/F meter necessary? I have everything else needed to do this kind of tune except the meter, so i wouldn't need all the hardware. Is the hardware rented or purchased? Is this open to jdm legacy's?

It is possible to tune the car without the wideband as the Air/fuel ratios can be deduced from other information in the logs. Having the AFR readout is easier.

Bryce
Stopping is not optional!

KiDo Racing Big Brake Kits, Coilover Suspension, Tunes, Turbo rebuilds, and Kamak Turbos
Brake Kits
Coilovers
Tuning
Chassis Braces

XT_for_me

Car: Subaru Forester MY09 XT

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Rome_STI wrote:Matt what is the longest period of time a Liberty has had one of your tunes for?

Wolf 3D on a Liberty RS Wagon in 1999 or specifically factory computer would in 08

KiDo_Tuning

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi Matt any chance in sending me my stock mapping for my car thanks.
Cheers George :D
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

PreviousNext

Return to KiDo Racing