Lets talk tuning (KiDo Tunes)

Re: Lets talk tuning (KiDo Tunes)

Postby WheelieBin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Hahaha... (and thanks for joining... now I know I was correct in remembering that your name was Mitch, not Michael as Taylor keeps saying LOL)

I was giving Dan crap that I could hear the dyno over his exhaust once your noisy beast had left ;) I'm quite happy, TCP quads are louder (and IMO better sounding) than the STi quads :D
Diamond Grey MY08 GT-B Sedan
WheelieBin

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec.B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17507

Postby SILNCR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm

I wished i could have stayed.

But i had to head off to work

I have ordered a new wastegate actuator so i can fix my boost issue

250+kw here i come :)
After Hours Performance
SILNCR

Car: 06 STi,MY11 Tribeca & 99 GT Foz

Postby WheelieBin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:16 pm

I 'only' got 156kW which I was a bit disappointed with (Dan got 170kW, and mine has had more done to it) until we took it on the road... Wow :D
WheelieBin

Postby t.renshaw34 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Mitch you found us ;).

Update on the ECU issue:

Have spent most of the day at SnJ and borrowing other libertys off people to plug my ECU into to try get it reset. (Thankyou to the two libertys that where already in the SnJ car park + VJ for letting me run off eith his and take his passanger footwell apart to get to his ecu.)

They where all no good as the emobilisers on the libertys we where plugging my ECU into where not letting us access my ECU.

So my car is getting towed from the dyno to SnJ tomorrow morning. Getting everything reset.
Matt n I are then going to SnJ to load my current tune back into the ECU. Drive back to the dyno then finish tuning.

Thankyou to Sean for his free labor and the crazy cheap price he got my car towed for.
Thankyou to Matt for the huge help he is and his extra efforts in fixing the situation.
Thankyou to Mitch and his close friend Matt who helped out yesterday at the dyno.

I'm very grateful for the nice people that are helping me out with the car.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby WheelieBin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Ouch - good luck man!
WheelieBin

Postby SILNCR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Hope it all gets sorted!!

I will have to talk to Matt (throttlehappy) and get him to tell me how to set up a test bed so i can unbrick peoples ECU's in SA.
After Hours Performance
SILNCR

Postby t.renshaw34 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:40 pm

That would be good Mitch :). Matt's got one at home and I'm guessing that how Paul as Nistune does his. We where hoping he could do it tomorrow morning for us but can't until tomorrow night which is no help. :(.
Project Lib - HKS-Killer B-STI-Ultrex-Stanza-Innovate-Perrin-Dynamat-DAMD-K2 Gear-BC-Kartboy-Whiteline-Cusco-Brembo-ROTA-Pirelli-Goodridge-Project MU-DBA-EBC-Garage 88-AVO-Redline-Carbign Craft-Walbro-ID-Kstech-Turbosmart-X Force-Rallitek
t.renshaw34

Car: 2005 Black Lib GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13404

Postby SILNCR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Hope you get it all sorted Mate!!
After Hours Performance
SILNCR

Postby shav » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Hope it works out well Taylor. Respect to S&J and Matt for the effort to get Taylors car up and running.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby mynameisdaniel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:45 pm

WheelieBin wrote:Hahaha... (and thanks for joining... now I know I was correct in remembering that your name was Mitch, not Michael as Taylor keeps saying LOL)

I was giving Dan crap that I could hear the dyno over his exhaust once your noisy beast had left ;) I'm quite happy, TCP quads are louder (and IMO better sounding) than the STi quads :D

Hahah yeah, it was kind of sad, yet I still want the car a little quieter :P

I should've revved it, although it's quiet the sound it makes coming back down is very nice :D
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT tbSTi Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15835

Postby shav » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:54 pm

mynameisdaniel wrote:
WheelieBin wrote:Hahaha... (and thanks for joining... now I know I was correct in remembering that your name was Mitch, not Michael as Taylor keeps saying LOL)

Hahah yeah, it was kind of sad, yet I still want the car a little quieter :P

I should've revved it, although it's quiet the sound it makes coming back down is very nice :D

yours is quiet??? Im still running stock everything. :lol: grandpa city right here.

Not that I dislike the note, I love it, just that Im over the 'check out my fully sick cannon' phase in my life. I do like your mufflers though Dan. They look nice and suit the car well.
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby 6thgear » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi All,

Just a bit of feeback for other H6 owners and Matt.
Had my car tuned by Matt about a week ago on my way down to Canberra.
We had to park in the undercover coles carpark as it was raining, a few funny looks from passersby as we took up 3 spots with the doors open while Matt did his thing with backing up the ECU, tweaking was was to be loaded and uploading the new tables. Showed me on his laptop the lumpy poor orginal tables and the nice smooth replacements. Amazing that Subaru could get it so wrong.
Then it was onto the fun stuff of driving around for about 45 min while Matt monitored and logged the car performance and held onto his laptop on the corners.
After driving around for a bit over a week and doing over 2000km I can say the effect of the tune is very impressive. As others have said the throttle response is smoother and it revs and pulls much more freely. Operation when using cruise control was also substantially improved.
Drivability is amazingly better, gear changing and rev matching is easier and rev wind down after throttle lift off is much smoother. Idle is very smooth 800rpm (when warm) with no movement, almost have to check the tacho to see if the car is running.
Fuel economy on highway driving improved from 8.6 L/100k test run just before tune, afterwards driving from Canberra to Taree 7.0 L/100km with some effortless overtaking and second half of the trip at 7.2 L/100km. Around town havent checked yet but am sure it will be better than before.
Am very happy with the tune. :D
Matt suggested headers and exhaust system for a best bang for buck power gain, am mighty tempted, but will likely go for a upgraded rear sway bar first.
6thgear

Car: 2006 Liberty 3.0RB Blitzen Black

Lets talk tuning (KiDo Tunes)

Postby Mickyboy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Great feedback 6th Gear! Got my tune a week ago and am equally happy. Some parts of the Vic cruise on Sunday climbing through the hills in Sport# mode absolutely blew me away! Just makes me love the glorious H6 all the more!
Mickyboy

Car: MY07 3.0R Premium

Postby libz05 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am

great results!! soo keen on matt comming to sydney next :D
libz05

Car: 2005 my06 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15492

Postby shav » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:31 am

Im already planning mods for Matt's next trip back to SA. I know it may not happen, but I'd love it if he did. :new_russian:
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

PreviousNext

Return to KiDo Racing