New member and tint supplier.

New member and tint supplier.

Postby Tinter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm Rob Tait owner of Car Tint in Ringwood Melbourne and I have finally been able to get around to joining you here as a new member.

Background....I've been solely window tinting here in Melbourne for the last 37 years and proudly can say that I'm an incredibly pationate person when it comes to this industry.
I've always endeavoured to do this craft better than anyone else and deliver an art form that is beyond compare.

Many of you members are already customers and I personally thank you for revving me up to join this forum at last.

Subaru....I was the founder and original president of the WRX Club in Victoria and did that for about 3 years and nurtured over 800 members in those heady days of the WRX.
(There's a forum section there on window tinting as well which I have partaken in).

Any questions or queries you may have, I'd be happy to answer them as they come.

My Liberty....I "had" an immaculate GT Premium Pack auto wagon customised to my desire until not all that long ago when it was slammed into the back at lights by a P plater and then became a repairable write off.

Check out my website www.cartint.net.au

Regards,
Rob.
Tinter

Car: F430 F1

Re: New member and tint supplier.

Postby rooby » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:19 am

Welcome. F430, Nice one.

Do you have anyone you would recommend for applying your sunroof tints in Canberra?
rooby

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby jordankatsianis » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi there,

just wondering if you could help me out with a rough quote for a tint job on a MY05 Liberty R-B wagon

I'm wanting privacy glass from the B-pillar back like on the MY07-forward models.

im not fussed about tint on the front doors, but i am slightly worried about the radio reception post tint

my mum has a MY07 Liberty sedan without factory tint, but when she got the aftermarket tint done the radio reception has been a bit shit

anyway, just an indicative price would be great, I'm based in werribee, but i don't mind the travel to ensure a good job

Thanks

Jords
jordankatsianis

Car: Liberty MY05 3.0R-B Wagon 6sp

Postby diffo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Just been down today & had Rob tint my 04 Liberty Wagon 3.0R.
Could not be happier. Absolute champion of a bloke.
Knows what he's on about & is prepared to see you walk away if your'e not happy with his advice/recommendations, as opposed to someone who will tell you whatever, take your cash & do a crap/illegal job
After speaking to a number of tinters in Melbourne, Rob was the only guy that even mentioned tinting the sunroof. Seems that no other tinters even realised there was a sunroof - let alone a dual sunroof.
Not only does he know what he's talking about, but he's a genuinely nice guy. Knows all things tinting (& a lot of other things Subaru)
As it turns out, i had a shocker of a start to the day, rocked up late etc,etc. Quick call to Rob - no worries at all.
Next issue, on a car that i could have just about sworn had no tint, turns out it did....... Now we need to pull all the old tint off (potentially adding hours to the job) - no worries at all.
Had a good day down at Rob's workshop. Also managed to sort out my rear r/h door central locking issue (thanks to teK's post on this forum)
Unfortunately i didn't take any before & afters..... I'll see what i can dig up & attempt to add them.
If you're in Melbourne, this is the guy to see.
Could not recommend Rob down at Car Tint in Ringwood highly enough.
Thanks very much, fantastic work!!
diffo

Car: 04 Liberty 3.0R wagon

Postby kaijef » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:15 pm

hey Rob, I am after a rough price for and explorer uz,darkest i can go with as much reflectiveness as possiable as i have 3 youngins with very fair skin.
thanks Kai
kaijef

Car: legacy gt

Postby psy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:20 pm

If you havent already done so Kai, it's probably best to give Rob a call. Great guy and will explain everything that you need to know.
2016 Subaru Forester XT Premium
psy
-stickered-

Car: 2016 Forester XT Premium

Postby circlethesky » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:03 pm

Just thought i'd say how good of a job Rob did on my car earlier in the week. Seems like a really helpful guy and knew a lot about my liberty, really happy with how they turned out.
Matt - MY04 2.5i Liberty - SE Melbourne
circlethesky

Car: MY04 2.5i Liberty
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25229

Postby gtbsti » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:59 am

Just got my windows and sunroof tinted by Rob.
Highly recommended!
Thanks Rob!
Dom
gtbsti

Car: MY08 GT Spec.B Tuned By STi Wagon
Profile URL: JDM Wagonist

Postby alexeiwoody » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Great service, advice and price. 8)
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby melb20143 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Hi Rob,

am getting a forester 2014. Tint by the dealer is >$500. Can you provide a rough estimate/quote.

Cheers
melb20143

Postby geematt » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:35 pm

Just had my Liberty wagon tinted. Sunroof and all windows.
Great job and great service.

Looks fantastic. :D
Mods: Pedders Extreme Coilovers | Whiteline bits | Raptor Headers | TCP Twin muffs | Cosworth Filter (!) | XRT ECU tune | ?? kw atw | Too old for stickers
geematt

Car: MY06 Liberty 3.0R-BSpec 6MT Wagz

Postby KelvinTaylor88 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Fantastic attention to detail, advice, and personal service.
Highly recommend Rob's services, definitely worth the 30 minute drive over there.
2006 Subaru Liberty 3.0R Spec B Urban Grey Metallic
Tuned, Raptor Headers, K2 Gear Spec Neo Catback, HKS ES Premium Ti Limited Mufflers, Shockworks Coilovers, Rays 57 Pro w/ Titanium Lip, Advan AD08R, JDM Front End w/ Zerosports Front Lip, Corazon Grille, Deltaspeed Side Skirts, Custom Headlights, Stickered, and more...

WTB: Diffuser, Subaru Badge, Brembos?
KelvinTaylor88

Car: MY06 Liberty Spec-B Sedan
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26710

Postby Lumiere » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:06 pm

I had my 06 Liberty 2.0R tinted by Rob back in 2011 and today had my new MY16 WRX tinted too! Rob's attention to detail is outstanding and his standard of workmanship have not faltered even after these years. Highly recommended!
Lumiere

Car: Subaru BL5C (old) VA1 (new)

Return to Car Tint Melbourne - Rob Tait