Sub frame drop aka body lift - suggestions

Topics specifically relating to Outback models

Sub frame drop aka body lift - suggestions

Postby Greywolf » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:24 am

Hi all. I recently purchased an outback 04 model 3.0r premium.

Have had a look underneath with a few boys from work and I'm considering doing a subframe drop which I have seen on here and else where as refered to being a body lift.

I work for a suspension shop that does lots of custom work and lots of body lifts and lift kits for 4wds.

This shouldn't be a hard task for me to do a 2 or 3 inch lift. What I would like to know is if there is anything else to look for with it. I have only seen one company mention an extension for the steering column. Do you know of any other issues that might arise from going say a 3 inch subframe drop. I'll be aiming for 2 inch lift from coils and keeping my 35mm strut spacers. So I realise I need to source some different struts as I'll be making out the standard kyb options with that much spring.

The other thing is. Would anyone else be interested in a 2 or 3 inch subframe drop/body lift?
Greywolf

Car: Subaru Outback R Premium

Re: Sub frame drop aka body lift - suggestions

Postby vicious_fishes » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:34 pm

well the outback already is a lift...

surely some taller springs + higher profile tyres would give you the lift you're looking for?
vicious_fishes

Re: Sub frame drop aka body lift - suggestions

Postby Greywolf » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:24 am

I already have 35mm strut spacers and I'm running 215/65-R16s. Currently clearenece us a minor issue. The large issue is droop. With current height it's to easy to pick up a wheel causing loss of traction. If I add another inch of height with some taller springs then although I gain clearenece I have either further reduced droop. A sub frame lift all though it will lower the sub frame effectively reducing clearenece to it will allow for more droop to allow the wheels to stay in contact t with the dirt better.
Greywolf

Car: Subaru Outback R Premium

Return to Outback Country