outback off road

Topics specifically relating to Outback models

outback off road

Postby BATMAN87 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi all
Just sold my lib and looking at buying an outback 3.0r 07+.

Has anyone here taken their outback off road, preferably on sand, once I get my car I’m planning of doing a few weekend trip out of Sydney, camping here and there, and also looking forward to take it out on Stockton beach up new castle way.
BATMAN87

Car: OUTBACK

Re: outback off road

Postby Adrian2627 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Would have no problem once you are on Stocko but it's getting to it that can sometimes be the issue. I'm not really sure what the access road is like these days but it used to get pretty hairy at times. If you surf the wreck of The Sygna often has nice banks on the north side.
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Isn't Stockton closed for private individuals?

Check before you make the drive.
Team White GenV GT Manual Wagon with fluffy dice

Mods (in order): Blacked out E-tag, drift spec fluffy dice, BC BR coilovers, strobe comfort flasher, de-badged tailgate + new GT badge, Prova Si knob, Tommy Kaira front grill + Gt badge, Cusco Strut brace (front), Prova blue mirrors, SSW Phoenix 20" black Stance SC-7 20" black, Nitto 35 series tyres, HKS filter, DAMD rear wing, Valenti smoked tail lights, LED rear reflectors, Headlights and others by Leo (hks180), Cusco rear sway bar, Full Invidia Q300 TBE, AVO TMIC, Summit Racing rear strut brace, KiDo Tune, front Cusco swaybar, upgraded LCA bushes, Valenti smoked centre tail light
Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22731
lump_a_charcoal

Car: 2013 Land Rover Defender 110

Postby Adrian2627 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:01 pm

That's a shame. We used to drive down from Anna Bay and spend the whole day surfing the Sygna. Had some awesome days there. Used to hold good sized waves with long rights off the wreck
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Postby Shiv » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:24 pm

BATMAN87 wrote:Hi all
Just sold my lib and looking at buying an outback 3.0r 07+.

Has anyone here taken their outback off road, preferably on sand, once I get my car I’m planning of doing a few weekend trip out of Sydney, camping here and there, and also looking forward to take it out on Stockton beach up new castle way.

A stock Outback will have no problems driving on Stockton Beach. The two access roads are in really good nick thanks to upgrades a few years ago.

Subies love the beach! I've got an '02 Outback H6 and take it off road a lot. Had no problems at Stockton Beach although my engine temp has gotten a bit hot on occasion. Also the front bar does tend to act like a bit of a shovel so bear that in mind when you're driving to prevent damage. Air down to 15PSI and go as low as 10PSI if you feel the need too. Also bring a shovel or some recovery tracks just in case and you'll be fine.

No camping is permitted on Stockton anymore.
MY08 'off-road spec' Outback 3.0R Premium -- 1"inch raised King Springs, 1"inch lifting blocks, SubaXtreme alloy front & rear bars, KIDO Tune, Valenti Style Tail Lights + much much more!
Shiv

Car: MY08 Outback 3.0R Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27335

Postby cliffo3rb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:01 pm

cliffo3rb

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0rb

Postby peadya100 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:24 pm

It depends which part of stockton you want to drive. Along the beach down to the ship wreck would be fine, I wouldnt want to tackle any of the bigger dunes in it though. Plus its VERY easy to damage a purpose built 4wd drive at stockton with drop offs you dont see coming etc and id hate to see how an outback would hold up in that situation.

Im with everyone else though, great little wave off the sygna sometimes!
Diamond Works SI-DRIVE Covers - Subaru Liberty/Legacy MY07 to MY09

https://www.facebook...aruDiamondWorks
subaru.diamondworks@gmail.com
peadya100
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21072

Return to Outback Country