Team Outback - Post your pics

Topics specifically relating to Outback models

Re: Team Outback - Post your pics

Postby Russ59 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:24 pm

A few snaps from down at the local lakeside today :)

Russ59

Car: MY06 Outback R Premium 3.0

Postby Russ59 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:33 pm

Finally managed to get hold of a single matching XV wheel and tyre as a spare, 80 % + tread and wheel like new :) Due to the larger profile tyres on these rims (225/55/17) stock was 215/55/17. I had to do a very small bit of panel beating at the front of the wheel well (nearest the back of the seat) to get it to sit flat, but at least now I have a matching diameter spare :)

Russ59

Postby Russ59 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:50 pm

Bought a set of King Springs KSRS - 29 for the rear a couple weeks back to get rid of the saggy butt syndrome, pulled one of the struts out compressed and removed the strut top and spring but when I went to put in the new spring I found they were the wrong ones (the stock springs tapered in at the top whereas the KSRS -29 doesn't) and the strut top wouldn't fit, anyways put it all back together and swapped them over this week for the correct one for my car KSRS - 29 SPC (supposed to be the springs for the self levelling suspension models, mine isn't) I discovered today when doing the refit that they are indeed the correct spring :) Should still settle a little bit, but I'm really pleased with the result :)

Russ59

Postby Russ59 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:53 am

Gave the front end a clay bar and wax :)

Russ59

Postby Russ59 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:45 pm

Fitted up a set of aftermarket slimline weathershields today, I'm loving the look :cool: Pretty sure they're no longer available as a genuine accessory from Subaru, these fit great and are around half the price of what genuine would have been anyway :)

Russ59

Postby Tinytonez » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:52 am

[quote="Russ59"]Fitted up a set of aftermarket slimline weathershields today, I'm loving the look :cool: Pretty sure they're no longer available as a genuine accessory from Subaru, these fit great and are around half the price of what genuine would have been anyway :)

Looks good! Do you have a link to these?
Tinytonez

Postby Russ59 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Tinytonez wrote:
Russ59 wrote:Fitted up a set of aftermarket slimline weathershields today, I'm loving the look :cool: Pretty sure they're no longer available as a genuine accessory from Subaru, these fit great and are around half the price of what genuine would have been anyway :)

Looks good! Do you have a link to these?

Purchased mine from here :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUBARU-OUTBA ... xynhFRCgob
Russ59

Postby Russ59 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:26 am

Latest mod - Replaced my LED lightbar from the 13.5 " (which was mounted above the rego plate) to a 23 " fitted into the space in the lower section of the bumper Had to remove the bumper skin again, first to remove the original LED bar and secondly to mount the new bar. I made up some square steel plates to fit on the inner and outer sides of the bumper skin, as the new lightbar is a little over 3kg in weight I decided to strengthen the bumper a bit so I also made 2 'L' shaped brackets which I have attached to the front bumper support and then drilled an 8 - 9 mm hole in the base of each bracket. this then allowed me to use 2 additional plastic bumper clips which push in through the bumper and lock into the bracket. This has really firmed up the underneath section and upon the road test at night there is absolutely no movement or shaking in the lightbar which is exactly what I wanted to achieve The output of the new bar is excellent but I was more so looking at improving the aesthetics of the front end a bit, especially after doing the custom grill mod. I'm very happy with the result, looks much cleaner

Will get some better pics once I give the poor car a well deserved wash

Plastic clip for extra bumper support (one on each side of the lightbar) apologies for the crappy phone pic :(

Russ59

Postby Russ59 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:31 pm

Gave the beast a coat of wax today, it comes up so nice :)

Russ59

Postby waynieRS » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:36 pm

heres my girl
Attachments
13151652_10209214783436079_7175168061615521331_n.jpg
13151652_10209214783436079_7175168061615521331_n.jpg (84.28 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
waynieRS

Postby bass_ke » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:46 pm

I just got back from taking the Outback on it's first decent Road trip.

It was just a basic run from the Goldy to Canberra down the Pacific Hwy and back up the New England and Bruxner Hwy's with a quick run down to perisher.

I'm absolutely stoked with how the car handled the drive and feel that for our family of 3 it was a great choice

Chilling at Perisher - Handled the slush with no dramas. It's always nice to see the Subaru stable well and truly represented up in the snow.

Tamworth - Three Subaru's from Three states

Kentucky, NSW - Random place but it had a decent bakery/general store

Stoked with the highway fuel consumption of this car.

An awesome sunset to cap off a great run.

Unfortunately I won't be road tripping again for a while due to a fair bit of time away toward the end of the year.
2016-Present MY16 Outback Diesel Premium
2006-Present MY04 Impreza GX
2007-2016 MY04 Liberty GT Premium
2005-2007 MY00 Forester GT Luxo
bass_ke

Postby Adrian2627 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:53 am

Subaru's aren't called Jindabyne Holdens for nothing. More Subaru's in Jindy than any other make. Pretty much everyone who's lived there for a while has had at least one. I had two a Lib and an Outback
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Postby bass_ke » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:05 am

I absolutely believe it!

There was a fair bit of snow forecast the night before we went up so we need inquiries in Cooma about the state of the road.

The fellow at the hire shop asked what we drove, as soon as we mentioned a Suby he was stoked! "No worries mate, A Subaru will breeze through the road, I wouldn't be so keen on other AWD cars"

We'll probably be posted to CBR next year so we'll be joining the throngs of Suby's in the snowy's more permanently.
2016-Present MY16 Outback Diesel Premium
2006-Present MY04 Impreza GX
2007-2016 MY04 Liberty GT Premium
2005-2007 MY00 Forester GT Luxo
bass_ke

Postby Russ59 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:19 pm

I originally picked up another stock grill for the custom grill mod so decided to do the same with the original only have kept the chrome border, sprayed it in gunmetal grey gloss and used a fine metal mesh, still have to give it a final cut and polish in a week or so but overall I'm real happy with the look :)

Russ59

Postby Russ59 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:30 am

Latest upgrade complete, McIntosh unit installed, big thanks to my son for his handy work with rewiring it for me Picked up the unit with under seat amplifier from the club.lib FB page, bought a harness on eBay to plug into the amp. After a bit of fiddling rewiring the plugs (basically it's now plug and play to suit the Mac unit). Disconnected the negative from the battery so we could unplug the airbag and removed the passengers front seat to get access for mounting the amp. The carpet was already precut for the amp bracket mounts and the holes were marked out on the floor pan just needed a small tap with a punch to poke the holes through and then tapped a couple threads through and bolted it down. Next step was to feed the cables through from the amp to the head unit and plug it in and try it. After running through the wiring diagrams again we realised that the amp needed to be powered separately and it actually had the fuse (for Audio Amp) in the fuse box under the bonnet so we ran a power cable through the firewall and connected it all up etc... and Presto "Thunderbirds are Go !! " Sounds great even with the stock speakers and now the volume when set at about 14 is as loud as it was at 28 or above on the old unit Might look at a speaker upgrade for the doors at a later date which should make it even better. Overall very impressed with the sound and love the look over the stock unit :)

Before with stock unit

Russ59

PreviousNext

Return to Outback Country