Team Outback - Post your pics

Topics specifically relating to Outback models

Re: Team Outback - Post your pics

Postby Russ59 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:47 am

Ok, so after doing a McIntosh upgrade over the standard Kenwood cd/radio/tape deck in the Outback, I decided to make the most of the amp and hooked up a subwoofer to it. Rather than messing around pulling out rear panels and trying to line up another one from a Liberty, I opted to make my own custom enclosure and use one of the storage pockets to house the rear of the sub. As most people will know the stock sub in the Lib's is an 8" and going on recommendations there were only a few choices which seemed to work well with the McIntosh amp (from other owners and their experiences) I did some homework using the specs that others had recommended but as I was using a custom box I wasn't limited to an 8" sub and came across a JBL 10" on Amazon which shipped to Australia (arrived yesterday in under 2 weeks) After a bit of shaping and padding and upholstering I ended up with a tidy enclosure that doesn't interfere with accessing the spare wheel and tools and seats can still be folded down with no fuss :) I used some sound deadening to line the storage pocket and the enclosure before mounting the sub, I just have to make up a grill now to finish it off, the end result, this system has a great sound and the JBL sub is perfectly matched, (perhaps another option for others wanting to upgrade the stock sub) I'm really happy with the result :)

Russ59

Car: MY06 Outback R Premium 3.0

Postby Russ59 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Full detail over the last few days, leather treatment for seats, wash, claybar and polish, a lot of back breaking work but the result is great :)

Russ59

Car: MY06 Outback R Premium 3.0

Postby Duck! » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:01 pm

After my faithful old MY98 2nd Gen Outback called it quits early this year, with well over 400,000km on it, I've returned to the fray to continue the joy with this rig:
DSC_1318_2.jpg
DSC_1318_2.jpg (118.87 KiB) Viewed 1948 times

Pretty much bog-standard MY99, so first-year 3-Gen, and only a year younger than what I had, but it ticked the boxes..... affordable, not unreasonable mileage (only 241k, which is less than the old one had when I got that nine years ago!), manual, tow bar, roof racks (not essential, but desirable) and not white.

Only had it a week, so haven't had the chance to do much more than settle into it, but it's nice to be back. :-)
Duck!

Car: MY99 Outback

Previous

Return to Outback Country