Camera Mount

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Camera Mount

Postby XRC15T » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:38 pm

Just courious with all you camera buffs out there, Does anyone have a incar camera mount?
I've seen ones which attach onto seat poles or other ones that attach on with suction caps.
Is the thread same on a camcorder Vs a still camera?

Suggestions/recommendations? (not after anything super exy $)
[TEAM FUNERAL]
XRC15T

Postby viriix » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:49 pm

I know we used to use a tripod and gaffa tape if solo driving xD
Current: MY12 Tornado Red VW Golf GTI
Past: MY07 Pearl White Subaru Liberty GT-B | MY04 Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro-L | MY2K Salsa Red Dodge Neon
viriix

Postby hks180 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:57 pm

last time i went to track day ..... i think it was et on the forum ... he had a maron GT wagon .. he made some camera mount himself ... very good stuff !! he had two different type ..one goes on the front passenger seat poles ... and the other one in the back seat poles ... !!

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby EJ25 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:07 pm

franky wants an in car video of his car drifting..lol.aww, the technique :D
EJ25

Postby Akwoo » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:07 pm

Will be spewing if my camera fell off the roof of my car
Akwoo

Re: Camera Mount

Postby et » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:11 pm

XRC15T wrote:Just courious with all you camera buffs out there, Does anyone have a incar camera mount?
I've seen ones which attach onto seat poles or other ones that attach on with suction caps.
Is the thread same on a camcorder Vs a still camera?

Suggestions/recommendations? (not after anything super exy $)

As Leo mentioned I have several types of mounts, most are made to mount on seat poles. Cost - zilch, I made them using stuff I had laying around the garage :) Nothing too complicated but it does work, have a look at the pics in the Wakefield day thread for an example.

I also have one small mount that uses suction cap but I was not brave enough to hang a camera of it while at the track - it doesn't feel strong enough. You can get nice suction cap mounts for few hundred bucks (here is one: http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suction ... mounts.htm) or alternativelly get a setup using small camera like those helmet cameras that can be mounted anywhere using duct or double sided tape.
http://www.launchhelmetcams.com/products_comp.php

I am assuming you are asking about the thread on the bottom of the camera that is normally used to mount it somewhere? As far as I am aware they are universal and all use the same thread.

I'd be willing to swap ya, I'll give you two camera mounts and you can gimme' your Enkei wheels and since I feel generous I'll even throw in a set of GT 17" wheels to sweeten the deal :D
et

Postby djb » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:33 pm

Hi GUys,
ive seen a really good mod here in Adelaide. One of the guys here has gutted a spare head-rest and welded a camera mount onto that. Works a treat on track paddock bash and skidpan days.

Search youtube for Bazza and RSLibertyClub and you might see some of his videos.

Cheers
Darryl
1999 Liberty Heritage Wagon (Royal Blue)
- Trans: Auto
- Engine: Rocker Seals
- Wheels / Tyres : MY02 WRX Rims / Mix of Tyres
- Suspension / Brakes : Boge Struts + King Lows / Stock
- Interior : Stock Clarion 6 Stacker, Full Heritage Leather, Stock Subaru Boot Liner
- Exterior : Clear Side Repeaters, Rola Roof Rails, Tow Bar
djb

Return to How do I?