Changing parking lights in 05 Lib

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Changing parking lights in 05 Lib

Postby Hank_MD » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi all,

I've searched quite a bit on this forum and others but still can't work it out. How do I change the parking lights on my pre-facelift Lib? The low beams are easy as pie as described in the manual, but the manual says the parking lights should be changed at the dealer... I'm hoping its not really that complicated?

If I've missed an obvious post, please set me straight with a link!

Interested in getting some LED parkers in. Any recommendations?
Hank_MD

Car: MY05 3.0R

Re: Changing parking lights in 05 Lib

Postby Kevlar GT » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:28 pm

I recall reading somewhere on here that you have to remove the headlights to change the parkers, unless you have pre teenage girls hands like Clarence.

Leo (aka HKS180) has an LED sale post/thread on here somehwere - just browse the for sales, it's usually close to the top.
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby teK-- » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:34 pm

No need to remove headlights, although on the driver's side you just remove the intake snorkel with 2 pop-its. Passenger side is dead easy. They are just push and twist bulb holders. Turn on your parkers at night to see their approximate position in the headlight assembly.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby hks180 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:46 pm

and also for people with normal or big hands ...

it's good idea to remove the great cap behind the the headlight .. so you get more room ...

but to change the bulb itself wise all you need to do is turn and pull it out ..

Or refer your manual ~

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby Hank_MD » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Thanks all.

With my puny(?) hands it proved to be quite easy once the cap for the low beams was out of the way! What I hadn't worked out myself previously was the twist to release the fitting... silly me.

Leo - as in my original post, my manual definitely says that the parking lights should be replaced by the service center hence my confusion.
Hank_MD

Car: MY05 3.0R

Postby THERB3 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Leo - as in my original post, my manual definitely says that the parking lights should be replaced by the service center hence my confusion.[/quote]

I can confirm this stsatement that the manual doesn't give you a how to change the parker it states to take it to Subaru.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Postby hks180 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:27 pm

HAHHAHA yes ... your right !!

" it may be difficult to replace the bulbs. We recommended that you have your SUBARU dealer replace the bulbs if necessary"

So they can make some $$$ ..... :angry2:

anyway soon i'll post some instruction on how to replace some of the bulb ...but most of them are on the manual ...

Leo
[TEAM FUNERAL]
HID & LED >> CLICK HERE
hks180

Postby Monkey » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:47 pm

My instructions as completed today
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23350&start=0&hilit=parkers
Monkey

Car: MY07 black 6MT Liberty tbSTI sedan

Postby BrosephStalin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:49 pm

Just changed mine today with iilumo T10 Extreme Output 360s. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be! Like someone has said, it helps to remove the round plastic housing caps of the low beams just so your hand has a bit more space to go around.

With the parkers themselves, they are located right next to the low beams and have black and green wires leading out from a skinny plastic housing. You have to turn counter-clockwise to unlock the housing and then gently pull out (much like the housing cap of the low beams). From there, the bulb can simply be pulled off from the end, although if there's resistance, just nudge it back and forth a bit until it becomes loose. Replace the bulb and then put everything back!

With the driver's side, you'll have to remove the intake thing that blocks off access to any of the headlights on that side.
BrosephStalin

Car: 2005 3.0R Spec B 6spd Manual

Return to How do I?