Voltage & Vaccume Gauge Install

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Voltage & Vaccume Gauge Install

Postby 41DZZ » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Hey guys

I'm considering getting a vaccume and voltage gauge for my car and was wondering how easy it is to install myself. What would i have to do (Basic Steps)?

Thanks Guys.
41DZZ

Car: 05 Liberty 2.5i (soon)

Re: Voltage & Vaccume Gauge Install

Postby teK-- » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Pretty easy you just need to connect a T piece into the vacuum hose that goes from the intake pipe to the crankshaft (do NOT use the one that goes from the PCV valve to the intake pipe. Then depending on whether it's a mechanical gauge you need to connect a hose from that T piece to the gauge, or if it's an electronic gauge you connect the sender unit to the T piece then the wires to the gauge.

With the voltage gauge just tap into any switched source of power such as the cigarette lighter, or the fuse box if you want the gauge to operate all the time.

For both gauges if they have illumination just tap into the illumination wire in the head unit harness. (so you can dim the guages).
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Re: Voltage & Vaccume Gauge Install

Postby NoOzL47 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:43 pm

teK-- wrote:Pretty easy you just need to connect a T piece into the vacuum hose that goes from the intake pipe to the crankshaft (do NOT use the one that goes from the PCV valve to the intake pipe. Then depending on whether it's a mechanical gauge you need to connect a hose from that T piece to the gauge, or if it's an electronic gauge you connect the sender unit to the T piece then the wires to the gauge.

With the voltage gauge just tap into any switched source of power such as the cigarette lighter, or the fuse box if you want the gauge to operate all the time.

For both gauges if they have illumination just tap into the illumination wire in the head unit harness. (so you can dim the guages).

Can you take a pic of said pipe??

Ive been trying to find it for ages

SPL Personal Best: 142.9dB - Youngy Jeezy ft USDA - White Girls
NoOzL47
-stickered-

Car: Screaming 3.0RB

Return to How do I?