Cleaning Dashboard

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Cleaning Dashboard

Postby Ibrox » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:48 pm

Talking to a guy at the car wash the other day as I was putting armor all on my dash. He started freaking out telling me not to use armor all as it fads the dash because of the silicon in it :? . I heard from another guy that apparently it hardens the dash causes it to crack :shock: . Any thoughts on this and what do you guys use?

[Admin Edit: "Dashborad" -> "Dashboard" in Subject.]
Ibrox

Postby AndrewCowley » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:40 pm

No products. Damp cloth only. Armor All may appear to be working whilst you are applying it regularly but stop for a few weeks and then see the state of your dash. It will be dried out, stained a whitish colour or cracked. Armor All has a wierd effect on plastics.
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby LIBER8ED » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:41 am

ive only ever used a very very light coating of mothers... armor oil i found leave a nasty residue on the windscreen... and no its not my application method!!

anything really on your dash is going to soak up to your windscreen.. well i have found anyway
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby Ibrox » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:09 pm

Thanks for the tip guys, but there must been somthing you can use other than a damp coth. (No i dont like dash mats)
Ibrox

Postby Mo_GT » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:36 pm

I've used amour all (the protector thing not the cleaner) and found no probs with it... And i'm not one to use it regularly - maybe once or twice a year.

i don't like using cleaners on the dash as it doesn't get dirty, only dusty - i just clean the dash with a damp antistatic cloth /microfibre.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby AndrewCowley » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:28 pm

Ibrox wrote:Thanks for the tip guys, but there must been somthing you can use other than a damp coth. (No i dont like dash mats)

As someone else said, dashboards tend to get dusty and not dirty. Another option is to use your vacuum cleaner with one of those brush like heads on the end. I do the whole dash, steering wheel, centre console etc... with this and it works pretty well.
MY04 GT Sedan: HKS Panel Filter. AVO TMIC. PHAT Dump Pipe. STi Quads. Pulse Racing ECU Tune. DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors. Dixcel M Pads. Spec B Bilsteins. Swift Sport Springs. Whiteline F&R Swaybars. Whiteline FSB. J Speed LCA Bushes.
AndrewCowley

Postby Rosso » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:22 pm

AndrewCowley wrote:
Ibrox wrote:Thanks for the tip guys, but there must been somthing you can use other than a damp coth. (No i dont like dash mats)

As someone else said, dashboards tend to get dusty and not dirty. Another option is to use your vacuum cleaner with one of those brush like heads on the end. I do the whole dash, steering wheel, centre console etc... with this and it works pretty well.

+1, it comes up good as new 8)
Cheers,

Rosso.

#135/300 MY07 GT Spec B Tuned by Sti Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl w/Charcoal Rims, 6MT.
Rosso

Postby LIBER8ED » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:30 am

i just like the smell of the cleaner.. ha ha

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Postby Ibrox » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:49 pm

Sorry what i ment was the armor all that protects your dash not cleans the dash :oops: Must be sniffing too much cleaner :P .
Ibrox

Postby BUDDAH » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:24 am

I give my car a good blow job :oops: with the air compressor and find that it comes up like new it cleans all the little nooks and cranny's that the vaccumn cleaner misses .Other than that I use a damp microfiber cloth from Clark Rubber which are 1/3 the price that I have seen them elsewhere Another good cleaning toy is a Vinidex anti static mop thingy from Woolworth's for about $6 with replacement heads I keep this in the glove box and clean the dash on the way home in traffic on Parramatta road he he he :lol:

BUDDAH

PS my next Subaru WILL NOT BE BLACK :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: god knows why I got a black one :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby adam » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:13 am

BUDDAH wrote:
PS my next Subaru WILL NOT BE BLACK :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: god knows why I got a black one :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

because buddah, for the 18 and a half minutes that they stay clean after a wash they look like nothing else on the road....
I spend most of my money on booze, fast cars and women, I just waste the rest...
adam

Postby BUDDAH » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:31 am

adamgtspecb wrote:
BUDDAH wrote:

because buddah, for the 18 and a half minutes that they stay clean after a wash they look like nothing else on the road....[/quote

HE HE HE
19 minutes if you keep it in a air conditioned show room.

BUDDAH
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby LIBER8ED » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:05 am

BUDDAH wrote:
adamgtspecb wrote:
BUDDAH wrote:

because buddah, for the 18 and a half minutes that they stay clean after a wash they look like nothing else on the road....[/quote

HE HE HE
19 minutes if you keep it in a air conditioned show room.

BUDDAH

yours stayed clean that long?? mine used to be dirty before i finished cleaning it....

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Postby adam » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:10 am

LIBER8ED wrote:
yours stayed clean that long?? mine used to be dirty before i finished cleaning it....

I've decided that when I win powerball I will employ a dude to follow me in another car to give mine touchups whenever I stop......
I spend most of my money on booze, fast cars and women, I just waste the rest...
adam

Postby LIBER8ED » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:25 am

adamgtspecb wrote:
LIBER8ED wrote:

I've decided that when I win powerball I will employ a dude to follow me in another car to give mine touchups whenever I stop......

your that comitted to have a black one?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

good work

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Next

Return to How do I?