Dash rattle fix

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Dash rattle fix

Postby Breeze » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:53 pm

Guys,

May be of help, may not. I had a really annoying rattle coming from the stereo area. Pulled out the panels either side, pulled out the stereo, tied down all wires etc nothing helped.

For what ever reason I decided to check out the cubby hole after trying everything. The rattles sound like they come from near the stereo sop wasn't expecting much. It pulls out of the dash with no screws to remove, just unplug the computer and cubby hole light. Went for a drive without the cubby hole - no rattles.

70,000kms with stiff bilstien suspension and tein springs seem to do a good job of loosening some of the screws.

The screws holding the vents tubes were a little bit loose allowing the vents to move side to side with a creaking noise.

Just to be sure I sprinkled some graphite powder around the rub points tightened the screws and threw it back in.

No rattles!

Time to address the wheel bearings.

Hope this helps
Breeze

Postby Mano™ » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:00 pm

Well done mate... still seems to be ok now??

Anyone get a rattel in the rear once springs/coilovers are in??? (for the MY06 GT's) sounds like the rear parcel tray?

Anyone know if that could be it? Anyone know how to remove it or something?
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby Rosso » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:55 pm

Yeah i get that rattle too, if anyone has a fix for it it would be much appreciated :D
Cheers,

Rosso.

#135/300 MY07 GT Spec B Tuned by Sti Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl w/Charcoal Rims, 6MT.
Rosso

Postby adam » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:26 am

hey guys, I'm not sure if it's the same thing but my gt-b '07 had a rear parcel tray rattle(pretty bad) but only when the stereo hit a certain frequency........not loud, not particularly base heavy, just a certain frequency.(bob sinclair was especially brutal :dance: ) I took it back and they said they'd seen another with the same thing. the fix(hopefully... it's happening on thursday) is apparently got to do something with a thin sheet of asphalty stuff to give the area more solidity. I really should ask more questions. I'll let you know how it goes.
hope this is useful

adam
adam

Postby MY07GT » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:56 pm

adamgtspecb wrote:hey guys, I'm not sure if it's the same thing but my gt-b '07 had a rear parcel tray rattle(pretty bad) but only when the stereo hit a certain frequency........not loud, not particularly base heavy, just a certain frequency.(bob sinclair was especially brutal :dance: ) I took it back and they said they'd seen another with the same thing. the fix(hopefully... it's happening on thursday) is apparently got to do something with a thin sheet of asphalty stuff to give the area more solidity. I really should ask more questions. I'll let you know how it goes.
hope this is useful

adam

Adam,

I had the same issue. Subaru couldnt find out after 2 times. I checked myself and found out its the reverse light bouncing against the rear window.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby LIBER8ED » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:34 am

i couldnt work it out so i just turned my music up.. ha ha...

im about to pull my ashtray out and put a dvd player in there, and link the screen up into the cubyhole.. so hopefully after i work out how to get the stuff out of there, i can manage to get the stez installed without blowing something up.!! ha ha
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Return to How do I?