Disconnect boot release lever

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Disconnect boot release lever

Postby teK-- » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:33 pm

In my old car the solenoid which opened the bootlid when you use the remote release, is also the same method by which you opened the boot from inside the car (A boot release button under the dash was essentially an electrical switch).

I used one of the spare circuits on my alarm to immobilise that button, so that when the alarm was armed, no one could get into the boot unless they had a key or the remote.

From what I can see in the Liberty, the release lever simply pulls a cable to open the boot, and the solenoid is only used for remote release. Mine doesn't have the double locking mechanism so the only way I can see to disable the in-cabin boot release is to unlatch the cable at the lever and tuck it under the carpet somewhere. If I did this would the emergency boot release still work? (as documented in the owners handbook).

Has anyone else tried to achieve what I'm doing?
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Re: Disconnect boot release lever

Postby jdm rsk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:16 pm

on my gen3 there is a lever on the lock in the boot to stop the inside release from working. maybe your car has it also
jdm rsk
formerly legacy rsk

Car: MY 11 VW Golf GTI ED35

Re: Disconnect boot release lever

Postby teK-- » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:01 pm

Hey RSK I know the feature you are referring to, it's called the double locking mechanism which doesn't appear to be fitted to mine. Perhaps the premium spec or 3.0RB have them in theirs. I was seeing if there is another unofficial way to disconnect the boot release, but thanks anyway :)
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Return to How do I?