headlight trouble???

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

headlight trouble???

Postby RAN94A » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:24 pm

so recently ive noticed that my passengers side headlight is getting condensation forming inside it for no real apparent reason...

like sometimes on a cold morning there will be condensation in there and others there wont... sometimes on a dry afternoon there will be some there.
no i was under the belief that the headlights were sposed to be sealed....

and now theres yuck looking water marks inside the headlight from where its formed and dried :(

any advice on how i can get this fixed up??
RAN94A

Car: Liberty MY06 3.0R

Postby RAN94A » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:10 pm

anyoneeee?? :(
RAN94A

Car: Liberty MY06 3.0R

Postby swingn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:24 pm

I had the same problem in my old Lancer... Headlight was replaced under warrenty.

So if your car still has some warrenty left, I'd be making a trip to Subaru :) Otherwise see if you can find a reconditioned unit... I understand there is a place out west that does recondition head lights, but I don't know there name or location... Sorry!

Unsure if there are any "home" fixes... The head lights are ment to be sealed & if there is condensation build up, it normally means it's not sealing correctly... Could be caused by a rock cracking the front of the head light...? I believe one of our members has had that happen before.
swingn
-stickered-

Car: MX5 SE / 911 Turbo
Profile URL: www.rtdc.com.au

Postby bschubert » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:45 pm

All crash parts do exchange headlights for these should set you back about $320 for a exchange unit. if you have any problems finding them let me know and i can get the details for you.
bschubert

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0RB

Return to How do I?