Country Bugs

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Country Bugs

Postby BUDDAH » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:45 pm

I off to Griffith and Hay in the southern inland NSW next week and at this time of year their are heaps of bugs that splatter every were I was wondering if their is a product that can be applied to the front grill bumper area that makes it easier to clean when the trip is over .

PS Its a Black 07 Subaru 3RB

BUDDAH
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby Ric » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:53 pm

A fesh wax just before you go, then a wipe with a bug sponge as soon as you get there, is often enough.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby stuntgirl » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:12 pm

didnt you get paint protection when you bought your car??? :LOL:
YOU WOULD BE COOLER IF YOU WERE ME!
stuntgirl

Postby LIBER8ED » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:13 am

ive found a high pressure hose along with what ric said as far as a wax goes, but hit it with the high pressure ( of course abiding water restrictions :lol: ) and they tend to come straight off...
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby BUDDAH » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:07 am

stuntgirl wrote:didnt you get paint protection when you bought your car??? :LOL:

Look up my private file and the answer is their !!!
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby stuntgirl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:05 am

BUDDAH wrote:
stuntgirl wrote:didnt you get paint protection when you bought your car??? :LOL:

Look up my private file and the answer is their !!!

its spelt there!!!!!

but sorry... i dont know what your talking about :?
stuntgirl

Postby MIB » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:15 am

Paint protection... the only thing it protects is the manufacturers profit...

You could always buy one of those god-awful-fugly car bra things... none of us would wave to you with it on though :scare2: :oops:

I'm with Ric, go a fresh coat of wax and wash it when you can. There are bug removers (liquid stuff) but they tend to be harsh. Maguiars have a great cleaning mit that has a bug removing mesh on the back, seems to work pretty well without being harsh to the paint.
06 3RB
MIB

Postby EJ25 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:36 pm

i bought this thing called a bug scrubber.. its a sponge wiht somehitng like a net on the outside.. i found it very useful to get the bugs off .. i think it can b found at woolworths
EJ25

Postby BUDDAH » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:55 pm

[quote="MIB"]Paint protection... the only thing it protects is the manufacturers profit...

100% THEY WANTED $800 WTF??? how much did you pay stuntgirl ? must have been cheap ??

I have asked the question on paint protection on another Forum b4 I found this one . Not one person would recommend Paint protection their conclusion was that it is a rip off and the mark up was over the hill . Once the protection is applied it is still very possible to remove the protective coating with normal cleaners and polish and when a car is repaired it can cause many problems with colour match :twisted: :twisted: Paint protection is not covered under insurance so here is another problem I didn't want

Buddah
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby stuntgirl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:10 pm

i didnt get paint protection on mine....

but my car is washed by profesionals every couple of days... :)
stuntgirl

Postby MIB » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:20 pm

I love the after sales people at dealers, no offense stuntgirl, but after the sales person has lubed you up, they send some pretty young thing over to rape you for all manner of things that the car NEEDS to make it last... WTF was Subaru thinking, not scotchguarding the seats, applying bitumen paint to the undercarriage, some gummy rust protection stuff to the nooks and crannies and protection to the paint?

They look genuienely hurt when you say no, I'll take window tint and I'll pay you $300 for it. "But sir, don't you want your car to look good in 5 years? You need to protect the paint"... (me) I won't have it in 5 years, what do I care what it looks like? Tint, $300...

On the topic of wax, anyone know what the AutoGlym stuff is like?

Wish I could get mine washed every few days, not as bad now I have silver after the last 2 black cars but water restrictions here in Bris are a killer on car care
06 3RB
MIB

Postby stuntgirl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:28 pm

MIB wrote:I love the after sales people at dealers, no offense stuntgirl, but after the sales person has lubed you up, they send some pretty young thing over to rape you for all manner of things that the car NEEDS to make it last... WTF was Subaru thinking, not scotchguarding the seats, applying bitumen paint to the undercarriage, some gummy rust protection stuff to the nooks and crannies and protection to the paint?

They look genuienely hurt when you say no, I'll take window tint and I'll pay you $300 for it. "But sir, don't you want your car to look good in 5 years? You need to protect the paint"... (me) I won't have it in 5 years, what do I care what it looks like? Tint, $300...

On the topic of wax, anyone know what the AutoGlym stuff is like?

Wish I could get mine washed every few days, not as bad now I have silver after the last 2 black cars but water restrictions here in Bris are a killer on car care

i hear what your saying... and no offence taken...... i have never sold the stuff.. and never would.. not my thing..... its certainly not bad stuff.. and i guess the product and offers has come a long way since the days of ming...

nor would i buy it... those in the know .... can get it cheaper elsewhere... but for those who arent.. or just want to buy a car, and arent passionate about this stuff.. it works for them.....

i do feel for these chics.. they are just trying to make living and do a job.... and when they do get people like us.... that give them a hard time... its a bit meanish... lol.. anyways...

hows ya bugs buddah??? buggin ya still... HAHAHAHA i kill me :)
stuntgirl

Postby MIB » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:22 pm

I think he's 'buggered' off... ha ha ha channeling stuntgirl :roll: :lol:
06 3RB
MIB

Postby sinist4 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:43 pm

yep when i brought my car... i didnt get the paint protection either.
sinist4

Postby Rosso » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:55 pm

I went for the paint protection.......what a sucker i was. it seems as though it has worn off now & i only used their "special" car wash product too, are they supposed to reapply the stuff at each annual inspection??? i wax her now.

wax + bug scrubber = laughing 8) :lol: :lol:
Cheers,

Rosso.

#135/300 MY07 GT Spec B Tuned by Sti Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl w/Charcoal Rims, 6MT.
Rosso

Next

Return to How do I?