2012 liberty radiator support bracket

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

2012 liberty radiator support bracket

Postby weedie » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:30 pm

Afternoon, All. Recently bought a 2012 Liberty sedan, 2.5 lit, manual. Within a week, I had the good fortune to clean up a kangaroo, fair and square in the middle of the front of the car. Usual damage, fender, grille, bonnet, 1 x headlight for which I have purchased used replacements. However, the top radiator support bracket tie bar has been damaged, which has pulled the whole support bracket out of alignment. New replacement is out by about a centremeter across top. I have also sustained damage to a/c condensor and radiator. I have decided that easiest way is to replace the whole radiator support bracket. Fender, grille etc have been removed. It appears that the support bracket is bolted in place near headlights and at bottom behind 'bumper bar'. My question is, can the radiator support bracket, a/c condensor and radiator be lifted out as a single unit once relevant bolts and hoses are removed. I have access to used replacements from a car which has been purchased by a wrecker without any front end damage. Or should I bite the bullet and buy new replacement parts. Also are there any problems that I should be looking for when removing? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and experiences
weedie

Car: 2012 gen 5 liberty

Return to How do I?