ej253 to 255 swap

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

ej253 to 255 swap

Postby thelegend27 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:08 pm

so here's my dilemma, i have a real nice 09 wagon 2.5i but the radiator failed, got hot, you know the rest. ive got the engine out and i wanna go to a turbo motor,
i can get an 08 gt manual for fairly cheap with rear end damage and its got all the fruit so i was wondering what's involved with the swap,
i know all the usual stuff like fuel pump driveshaft exhaust yada yada

what i really want to know is what do i do with the wiring side of things i know the cars have the same bulkhead connector in the engine bay but my main concern is if they are wired differently, so does anyone have any wiring diagrams for both cars as i cant really find much info on these ecus on the net.

and another thing is do i have to replace the dash harness, ive already got the dash out so thats not much of an issue but its preferable i dont have to do it lol

thanks in advance guys i really love this car and i want to put it back on the road asap
thelegend27

Car: 2009 gen 4 liberty wagon, manual

Re: ej253 to 255 swap

Postby subyroo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:37 pm

Re Wiring diagrams, have a look at this site sl-i.net Forum, scroll down to the bottom table until you come to Legacy and then click on the Mediafire.com link for the years you need.
Remember the USA call our Liberty, the Legacy over there.
Pedro

2021 Honda HR-V VTi-S
MY03 XS Forester (owned for 13yrs.)
Man blames fate for other accidents but feels personally responsible for a hole in one.
subyroo

Car: 2021 Honda HRV VTi-S

Return to How do I?