3.0 in a 2.5

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

3.0 in a 2.5

Postby Obsidianspec » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:29 pm

Ok so for some context I had a black 4th gen 3.0r spec b liberty that I hit some ice in and reversed over a big rock ruining the chassis rail. Instead of spending the 6.5k the smash repairer wanted ( bought the car for 6k in the first place) I decided to find a 3.0 for sale with a bad engine and I found one and eventually bought it for $1500 and swapped the engine over. When I went to start it I found that it ran exactly the same as with the "bad" engine and figured it was actually just the fuel pump. So now I've got a spare 3.0 that's just been resealed that I now know is actually fine and I'm looking for a car to put it in but I'm struggling to find another cheap 3.0 so considering I have all the modules and the engine and transmission spare Already, how difficult would putting the 4gen 6cyl into any 4 gen 4 cylinder liberty? I'd really rather not take the Dash out I've just finished stuffing around with the one I already have
Obsidianspec

Car: 4th gen spec b Liberty

Re: 3.0 in a 2.5

Postby BillyCorgi » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:58 am

Obsidianspec wrote:I'd really rather not take the Dash out I've just finished stuffing around with the one I already have

ROTFFL

To put an H6 into and old H4 car you will need to change the engine harness.
To do that you have to take out most everything from the dash to the headlights and guards off the car.
The said harness runs behind the main HVAC box, so the HVAC needs to be unbolted and lifted out of the way by about 100mm to remove the old 4 banger harness and install the new harness capable of driving 6 injectors and variable camshafts. behind.

Suggest that you get a good Subaru Factory Service Manual and start your research.
Get your Short Shift Adaptor viewtopic.php?f=68&t=30525
Get your Gear Shift Rejuvenation Kit viewtopic.php?f=68&t=31240
Get your Centre Differential Rebuild viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31089
Want a custom built Brake Cylinder Stopper? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31321
Need to hire a Guard Rolling Machine? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31899
Get your BillyCorgi's "Not-4-Wimps" Chilli Sauce
BillyCorgi

Car: Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon E85 Flex Fuel
Profile URL: www.facebook.com/CorgiWerx

Re: 3.0 in a 2.5

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:36 am

H6 blow head gaskets constantly, try gumtree, FB marketplace, your local auctions and self serve wreckers (they buy, tow and sell whole cars too).

As for a 6 into 4 swap, 2 weeks full time with a complete donor car and a hoist.
FSM link in my signature :)
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to How do I?