Turn Signal Issue

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Turn Signal Issue

Postby Hornet » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:39 am

Hi,
Recently started having trouble with my right hand turn signal on my MY07 Liberty.

The symptoms are:
1. When I select a right hand turn the in dash turn indicator flashes once and then remains blank. The headlight and tail light turn bulb flashes once at a reduced intensity. The in mirror LED(?) does not show any lights at all.
2. The hazard lights (both) when I select them flash once and then stop as per the right hand turn symptoms, the headlight and tail light bulbs and mirrors operate as per above. The left bulbs operate at full intensity.
3. When I select the Left hand turn, it operates normally.

I have checked the mirror fuses and the turn signal fuses which are fine.
I have checked the rear tail turn bulbs and they are fine.
I disconnected the right hand mirror LED connection. This had no effect.

My next alternative is to check the front headlight turn indicator bulbs which also involves removing the air filter etc so was hanging off doing that. I suspect that the RH Mirror LED may be faulty & causing the problem, but not certain.

Any suggestions as to what the symptoms may indicate?
Hornet

Re: Turn Signal Issue

Postby RX25SE » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Swap both front and rear indicator globes to the other side. I'f the fault also swaps sides, then the vehicle wiring is ok and a couple of globes will fix it.
I would suggest doing this as the first step in diagnosing the problem.
RX25SE

Car: MY07 30RB 6sp Wag

Re: Turn Signal Issue

Postby Hornet » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Yep,
I have done that to no effect. I have changed the associated fuses as well to no effect, both in cabin and the engine compartment. The issue remains.

When I swapped the in mirror indicators the original RH LED didn’t work on the LH mirror but neither did the LH LED in the RH mirror. I don’t know if these are able to be swapped as they are stamped left and right, so possibly not interchangeable and therefore not a valid test of the LED’s.
Hornet

Return to How do I?