WRX/Impreza seat/rail compatibility with BG/BDs?

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

WRX/Impreza seat/rail compatibility with BG/BDs?

Postby dylanSN » Mon May 18, 2020 8:18 pm

Hello, as the title suggests I've picked up some WRX(?, they have the black bit between your legs and are black on black) seats for dirt cheap and despite what countless forums say, the passenger seat for whatever reason is miles off. The drivers seat I can get in but the bolt on the trans tunnel is ~an inch off, though it can be forced to fit. Irrespective of this, I heard they sit high but after test fitting the driver's seat I promptly questioned putting them in because I sat so high, to the point anyone above 6 foot would have their head resting against the roof.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have random rails from a different set of seats? what ones usually line up fine and how many holes actually line up? I'm completely stumped. If it helps, car's a BG (gen 2) wagon, GX poverty spec but with some kind of seat option that adds some additional adjustment.

Thanks.
dylanSN

Re: WRX/Impreza seat/rail compatibility with BG/BDs?

Postby bigBADbenny » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:11 pm

Its platform dependent generally.

So BP/BL = GR/GH = SH, with the raised rear seat mount bolt on the trans tunnel.

Iirc all earlier models are interchangeable/flat mounts, generally pre 07/08 with the exception being prefl BP/BL.

If you find a fit that doesn’t require fabricated mounts, some models require the seatbelt receptacles to be retained/swapped over to the new seats.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to How do I?