Auto to manual conversion gen4 liberty gt

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Auto to manual conversion gen4 liberty gt

Postby dougy246 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi I am looking for technical advice for swapping my auto gen 4 liberty gt to a manual. I already have the full drive line from a 6 speed liberty gt with everything like pedals, shifter, master and slave cylinder, so please no one just say I wouldn’t bother or go buy a manual. What I’m looking for is the wiring side of things if anyone knows exactly what I need to do to have the manual box work with my auto ecu, or if I can just buy a manual ecu throw it in and that will fix my problems, Thanks.
dougy246

Car: gen 4 legacy GT

Re: Auto to manual conversion gen4 liberty gt

Postby binary » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:32 am

I know people on here have done the swap so if any of those guys are still around I'm sure they'll be happy to offer some advice.
Do some searching as they might have posted some stuff that could help you.

Also, check out the mighty car mods super gramps build on youtube, they did an auto to manual conversion on a gen 4.
MY05 Liberty GT auto wagon | Ultrex dump pipe, tuned by Torqued Performance http://www.torquedperformance.com/
binary

Car: MY05 GT 5EAT wagon

Postby dougy246 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:40 am

Also, check out the mighty car mods super gramps build on youtube, they did an auto to manual conversion on a gen 4.[/quote]

I am a huge mighty car mods fan and have seen the build but unfortunately they didn’t cover any of the wiring side and didn’t go super into the technical side of the swap I did get a fair bit of info from them though.
dougy246

Postby binary » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:14 am

dougy246 wrote:I am a huge mighty car mods fan and have seen the build but unfortunately they didn’t cover any of the wiring side and didn’t go super into the technical side of the swap I did get a fair bit of info from them though.

Me too, they're awesome. Loving the skid factory too on MCM2. It was ages ago that I watched the build and couldn't remember how much (or little) they'd covered.
MY05 Liberty GT auto wagon | Ultrex dump pipe, tuned by Torqued Performance http://www.torquedperformance.com/
binary

Car: MY05 GT 5EAT wagon

Postby dougy246 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Yeah Skid factory has been great, I enjoyed seeing 2sexys motor get stripped down and see what happened. Hopefully someone who has done the swap will give me some technical info.
dougy246

Return to How do I?