Replacing Gen IV Window Motor

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Replacing Gen IV Window Motor

Postby Deus_Ex_Machina » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi All,
After some central locking dramas finally fixed my left rear window motor appears to be dead. Getting power to and through the switch but hooking up 12V to the motor wires yields nada. I have seen some guides on O/S sites and am unclear as to whether I can reach in and remove the 3 screws holding the motor without any of the rest of the regulator and glass moving or whether I need to remove the regulator also.

I have done a search on this site but can't seem to find any existing threads (seems odd)?

Thanks in advance, Clint.
Deus_Ex_Machina

Car: Outback 2004

Re: Replacing Gen IV Window Motor

Postby bennygsr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:28 pm

I also have a rear window not working - and will watch this thread with interest.
I've changed the regulator on a lancer I've got and I'm pretty sure to change the motor, all I would have had to do was take the screws off that held a motor to a regulator.
Of course, different vehicle, so can't be sure in your case.

Do you mind me asking where you got your motor?
bennygsr

Re: Replacing Gen IV Window Motor

Postby DualWagons » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:25 pm

I too have a Gen 4 wagon in the family, with both rear windows remaining very firmly in the 'up' position. I'm curious whether it's just some quirk of loose connections (unlikely), expired regulator motors (a rational possible cause after 13 yrs, I would think), or something less reasonable or expected.
Thanks in advance, for any constructive advice! :)
Mikhail / DualWagons.
DualWagons

Car: Gen 2 GX wagon

Return to How do I?