Are Hitachi ECUs still a pain? Looking for workaround

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Are Hitachi ECUs still a pain? Looking for workaround

Postby JonnoN » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:06 pm

Have a liberty MY06, hitachi ECU. Based in Tasmania/Hobart.

Throws CEL code p2441, secondary air system valve seized closed.

Want the code/s associated with secondary air system deleted permanently, resulting in no CEL and so I can sell the car and get a subaru from 2007+ with a bloody denso ECU this time.

Been to 4 different mechanics, no one can work with the ECU.

Reviewing older forum posts showed in the past hitachi couldnt be worked with. Has a work around been developed recently?

Additionally, anyone know if the Air System Delete microprocessor offered by Asuka Auto Parts is legit? ( https://asukaautoparts.com) seems like my only cheap option at this point.

Thanks,
JonnoN

Car: Liberty MY06

Re: Are Hitachi ECUs still a pain? Looking for workaround

Postby MMAus » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:11 pm

Did you get an answer to this?
MMAus

Postby MMAus » Sat May 30, 2020 9:35 am

I ended up buying something called asuka secondary air delete (https://asukaautoparts.com). My limited understanding is that it's another ecu which bypasses the cars inbuilt Hitachi/denso ecu and let's you delete the cel for all secondary air injection error codes (mine was p2441 but there are others). You'll need a soldering iron and the manual said you will need to join wires professionally using the best industry practice - which is why i ended up paying someone to install it for me.
Even after buying the part and paying someone to install it, it ended up being 10% of the cost of replacing the entire secondary injection valve.
It's now been 1 week since it was installed and the engine light has not come back on, my car is running a bit better too
MMAus

Postby wildfire42 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi MMaus.
I am considering buying the Asuka secondary air delete that you mentioned in your post.

How is it going ?
Have you had any air injection error codes since you installed it ?
Does it look like a quality product ?

Thanks.
wildfire42

Car: 2007 Liberty Wagon

Return to How do I?