Radio not producing sound

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Radio not producing sound

Postby jacksgotalib » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:08 pm

Hi there guys, my 2004 Subaru Liberty 3L Sedan's radio is turning on, but is not producing any sound not even any squeeks or erry noises even at max volume. I've tried changing the fuse in the external fuse box and they blow everytime. Does this mean there is a short circuit somewhere? Or simply a loose wire?

Also, my right break light isn't working even with new bulbs or my working left break light bulb. Would this be a fuse or a loose wire as well?

Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance 8)
(Ps will definitely take it to an auto electrician worst case)
jacksgotalib

Car: 2004 Subaru Liberty 3L Auto Sedan

Re: Radio not producing sound

Postby jacksgotalib » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Anyone? :?
jacksgotalib

Postby jacksgotalib » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Dang
jacksgotalib

Postby tom_kauf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:19 am

In case you haven't taken it somewhere yet. That is a weird problem. Since the fuse blows every time, it won't be getting any power. So I guess it's not turning on at all? (and not producing sound because of that).
Yes, it has a short circuit somewhere and draws too much current, causing the fuse to burn out. I'd suggest to disconnect all the connectors from the back of the head unit. If it still blows, you have a short circuit with a wire somewhere. If it's not blowing, then it could be a short inside the head unit.

Brake lights are a different fuse I'd say, but just check yourself (I can check them on mine once I'm home if you'd like). Since you've tried a new bulb, it's most likely a fuse. Do the tail lights work (lights on the rear when the headlights are on), or are they totally dead?
[Stealth & Speed - Comfort & Practicality]: My 2008 MY09 GT SpecB Wagon - Manual 200,000km
tom_kauf
-stickered-

Car: 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Manual Wagon

Return to How do I?