Will 17x9 Wheels Fit On My Gen3 MY00

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Will 17x9 Wheels Fit On My Gen3 MY00

Postby Shrab Kebab » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Hey guys,
Thinking of getting some enkei rfp1's (which are 17"x9")wheels for my MY00 gen3 pre facelift model Liberty
Would these fit fine on the car without sticking out and fit right to guidelines so I wouldn't get defected?
Thanks In Advance
Shrab Kebab

Car: Subaru Liberty RX 2.5 Gen 3

Re: Will 17x9 Wheels Fit On My Gen3 MY00

Postby Adrian2627 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:20 pm

Tyre/wheel legality depends on a couple of things. One, the tyre and wheel must not protrude past the top of the guard ie poke, and a 9" rim even at +55, the standard offset, is going to come very close. There must also be no fouling with any body or suspension components on full compression of the suspension.
Two, you can only increase the track, the width between the centre line of each tyre, by no more than 26mm which means that to remain legal you can go no lower than +42 offset. This isn't something the cops check but it may be checked at roadworthy if it looks close.
The simple bolt on answer is no. The complicated and expensive answer is yes but it is going to require a fair bit of guard work, rolling, pulling etc, and quite possibly coilovers to give you the required adjustment and clearance.
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Return to How do I?