Basic performance mods to 2009 Lib GT

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Basic performance mods to 2009 Lib GT

Postby libertygt05 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:38 pm

I'm looking for some guidance in mods I'm planning for the MY10 LGT.

These are outcomes I'm after so please correct me if the sequence of events is wrong, or if they can be done more cost effectively :
[b]1. Improve responsiveness and low-mid range torque[/b]
Tommy Kaira dump pipe ($660 landed via g88) and have fitter add a high-flow cat. This appears the cheaper option to the Catted HKS dump which is $1400!! Wow.

I know the WRX burble can't be achieved with these engines, but a birt of burble on full throttle would be great... so long as there is no drone whilst cruising. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Once all fitted wil get tune (non-EcuTEK. Local, respected tuner has quoted $850).

[b]2. Drop ride height by 1-1.5 inch without compromising ride too much - I have kids to drive around.[/b]
Eibach pro-kit springs. Are these a rough ride?? If so, are you aware of other kits that provide a less-rough ride?

[b]3. Reduce body roll[/b]
Whiteline rear sway bar. Apparently the front sway creates a lot of chassis (and ride) stiffness, which I'm looking to avoid, which is why I'm only doing the rear.
+Whiteline anti-lift

I'd like to get all this done sub $2000 if possible (Am I dreaming?). Any advice you could provide would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
libertygt05

Car: MY10 Liberty GT

Return to How do I?