Error P0011, banjo bolts, OCV solenoid removal and eBay OCVs

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Error P0011, banjo bolts, OCV solenoid removal and eBay OCVs

Postby phatmonk » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi all,

Happy New Year!

The last 6 months the error code P0011 has been thrown. The issue is well covered and I've checked the two AVCS banjo bolts on an MY07 GTB. Both had no filters in them. I'm uncertain on a few things and would like to ask for some help?

- I''m of the understanding there are more banjo bolts to check. I'm not clear on where they are. Is this true, if so where?
- I've read the post-facelift model has no filters in the banjo bolts. True? If so, the above seems a waste of time.
- From the attached pic, the highlighted hose. Simply removing this there is enough room to remove the OCV? Any other tips? I'm a (cautions and lone) driveway warrior... probably just after some reassurance!

Unfortunately partsouq is out of stock but having looked elsewhere, eBay is full of non-OEM OCVs. These two are just a show, there are heaps more. I'm keen on OEM, but the price difference... Anyone have/had any experience with there?
From China - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Subaru-2-5L- ... 1767587350
From USA - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Engine-Cam-V ... 1546550158

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers
Attachments
OCV2.jpg
OCV2.jpg (246.72 KiB) Viewed 1611 times
phatmonk

Car: MY07 Lib GTB, R33 GTR, Octavia vRS

Re: Error P0011, banjo bolts, OCV solenoid removal and eBay

Postby phatmonk » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Well, bending the bracket just enough to slide the OCV out worked a treat. Here's hoping the other side is just as easy!

I had to laugh. partsouq.com had no OCVs in stock with other sites put the part and postage at $200. For $230 I bought one from Subaru; $30 for next day is reasonable. Right after I bought the OCV at Subaru partsouq.com emailed me saying it is in stock. Delivered for less than $150... FML. Also, when paying at Subaru customer service was super lacking. The Subaru employee jokingly said the OCV was a million dollars. I jokingly agreed this why they are "stealerships". Subaru person wasn't happy and suggested they should stand up to change my attitude. Reminding them who had the money changed theirs.

Still interested in non-OEM OCVs?
phatmonk

Postby crazyricochet » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:08 pm

I'd rather use a dodgy oem one than an aftermarket OCV.

I did mine in the driveway too, didn't take very long due to the helpful instructions provided by BigBadBenny.

Typical Partsouq, they seem to be running out of stock more often these days, getting too popular perhaps?

Last time I ordered a couple of things and a wheel nut, turned out the other thing I wanted wasn't in stock so instead of asking if I still wanted to proceed they shipping me a single wheel nut across the world for $20. :lol:

Thankfully I'm still way ahead on Aus pricing over the years
crazyricochet

Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30231

Postby skyrex » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:44 pm

phatmonk wrote:- I''m of the understanding there are more banjo bolts to check. I'm not clear on where they are. Is this true, if so where?

Engine right side (your left when looking at the engine), tracing the oil feed line rearward toward the turbo, there is a banjo bolt right in front/below the turbo intake on top of the engine. You'll notice the head of the banjo bolt is not flat like the one near the OCV.
The proud cap on the bolt head indicates there is a filter inside.

Engine left side (passenger side in 'straya) the oil feed goes forward and tucks down behind the timing cam cover... which means the only way to get to it is via removing everything as you would a timing belt job, then removing the intake cam gear (possibly the exhaust gear also) to access the bolts holding the rear cam cover on to then get access to fully remove said banjo bolt.
skyrex

Car: MY06 RColt + MY10 XTP

Postby phatmonk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:38 pm

skyrex wrote:Engine right side
Engine left side

Thanks, I'll check it out!
phatmonk

Return to How do I?