3 port Fitment

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

3 port Fitment

Postby Gtb08 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Just thought I would post up a recent addition to my car and share my idea. I have read on here the difficulty in mounting a 3 port solenoid. If this has been done before I apologise, though i could not easily find anything on here. The idea was to keep the original engine cover an be a neat fitment. This is especially where an upgraded silicon air intake is fitted and the OE solenoid mounting hole cannot be used.
Matt from Kido helped me out with the fitment of the 3 port just before the retune, but i completed it by mounting the solenoid securely.
All i did was tuck the solenoid a little further under the bracket, marked the hole and drilled the OE bracket. I used a cloth and a magnet to catch all if the metal shavings. I used a Tuspeed 3 port recommended by Matt, but the mounting is similar for Cobb and Grimspeed.
Attachments
TuSpeed.JPG
TuSpeed.JPG (134.97 KiB) Viewed 818 times
2008 OBP Liberty GT SpecB ATM - KOBE MSPORTS SILCONE INTAKE & MAF HOSES - TUSPEED 3-PORT BCS - AVO DUMP 160 CEL CAT - KIDO TUNED - ATM TRANS COOLER - KOBE MSPORTS BoV - KOBE FUEL PUMP - WG PORT N POLISHED VF52 TURBO - MISHIMOTO TB HOSE - GReddy DUAL CATCH CANS - CUSTOM REDBACK MUFFLERS - RED STITCHED LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - DBA T2 SLOTTED ROTORS - XYZ SS COILOVERS - CUSCO STRUT BRACE - quarter 13.42@100MPH
Gtb08

Car: 2008 GT-B Liberty Auto

Return to How do I?