04 2.5L Double Din install help

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

04 2.5L Double Din install help

Postby firefoxalpha » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:27 pm

Hey guys,

Just looking at wanting to fit a double din set up. What parts will I need? Also, which is the most recommended touchscreen/bluetooth etc headunit?

http://liveimages.carsales.com.au/carsa ... width=1050

Thanks in advance

- Just note: I wont be getting the car until the weekend so I'd like to order all the parts now :)

EDIT: OKAY so I found out I actually bought the wrong fascia initially. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: I will be buying this one instead. Will also be buying a hazard switch just in case

http://www.avojdm.com/product_info.php? ... cts_id=104

http://www.avojdm.com/product_info.php? ... cts_id=206
firefoxalpha

Car: 2004 Liberty 2.5L

Re: 04 2.5L Double Din install help

Postby HyRax » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:52 pm

You don't need another hazard switch - re-use your existing one from the original fascia.

Depending on what model radio you get, you might also need an antenna adapter and also a set of ISO connectors (Subaru to ISO and then ISO to Sony/Kenwood/Alpine/Whatever - note some eBay headunits already come with ISO connectors, so you'd only need the Subaru to ISO connector to connect it).

Your radio brand/model preference is really up to you. Everyone has different needs since some are happy with the factory speakers and others want to maximise the oomph-oomph factor with aftermarket subs and amps.

That's pretty much it.
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off...
HyRax

Car: ADM MY19 3.6R Outback
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15482

Re: 04 2.5L Double Din install help

Postby jp928 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:40 pm

From memory the correct facia comes with an antenna adapter from Suby specific socket to std type coax plug - I still have mine as I had got one separately. The hazard switch unscrews from the original facia and fits to the new one. Releasing the wiring plug from this switch is difficult and fiddly. I had a Mcintoss HU in my car, and found that the replacement I chose (JVC DV6105) gave better sound , and didnt need the amp at all, so I removed it and sold the whole Mcintoss system. The speaker connectors that go to the amp are under the pass seat, so you may have to run leads under the tunnel carpet to meet them - I think they are in a din plug. If you keep the Mcintoss amp, you will need to feed it line level (I think thats what its called?) outputs from the HU, (and some HU DO NOT have such outputs,) and with the correct connector. There is an OLD thread on this on legacygt.com - - look for posts by user svxdc - he made up the special leads I needed. Aerpro here make lots of connectors in this area - check Autobarn, Repco etc for a display.

Note that the facia linked to at AVO is the single zone A/C type - make sure the knobs on it match yours. The dual zone A/C is different model.

jp
jp928

Car: 08 gtb 6mt wagon

Return to How do I?