05 Wagon Sunroof problem

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

05 Wagon Sunroof problem

Postby PominaSube » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:04 pm

The front sunroof of my wagon has just decided it doesn't want to work any more. The motor runs, the guides move, but the front stays resolutely where it is - can't push it up using my hands either. The rear part works fine, though is reluctant to close properly with the front part down. Shame really cos me and the kids love having the roof open, so I don't really want to ignore it. Neither do I really want to shell out $$$ to do something that I could do in my own garage with some patience and simple tools.

Having said that, I don't know much about sunroofs other than they're usually cable operated, and can be a pain to get at. I've read the two threads from bigBADbenny and jay.ritchie which are v helpful in understanding the fun of removing and refitting the sunroof, but am I right in thinking mine could be due to slipped cables? Info seems a little hard to find around this problem.

Any other helpful hints or tips welcome, and if anyone in Sydney has experience and wants to lend a hand, I'm happy to come to an arrangement...
PominaSube

Car: 2013 Gen V Liberty GT Wagon 6MT

Return to How do I?