Drivers window thinks my head is stuck in it (solved)

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Drivers window thinks my head is stuck in it (solved)

Postby jbrizz » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:28 am

The battery went flat in my gen 4 and now when I try to roll my window up after it reaches the up position it automatically starts going back down to half way.

I've used the instructions here but the problem is even when I only use the half switch position the glass still goes back down to the middle after it has reached the end of the travel, so the reset procedure doesn't work for me. I think it must be different for gen 4.

If I'm careful I can manually get the window to the top, but if I try to make it go a little bit too far it will always go back down.

I tried resetting the battery a few times too.

Help please!

Edit:

Fixed it using procedure B followed by A on ClubSub.

If your window operates a little bit every time you hit the "UP" switch, perform operation A.
If your window fully closes and reopens to around 1/2 way, perform operation B.

OPERATION A

1. Close the drivers door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
3. Operate the power window main switch to UP, and then fully close the drivers side window glass.
4. Maintain the power window main switch UP with the window glass fully closed for 3 seconds.
5. Operate the power window main switch to AUTO DOWN, and then check that the window opens full correctly. When the window does not open full correctly, repeat the step 1 to 5 again.

OPERATION B

1. Close the drivers door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
3. Set the power window main switch to AUTO UP (fully pulling the switch) and keep it, then turn the ignition switch to OFF while the window is closing (before fully closed). Keep the window switch in this state and fully close the window.
4. Set the power window main switch to AUTO DOWN (fully pushing the switch) and keep it, then turn the ignition switch to ON while the window is opening (before opening fully). Keep the power window switch in this state and fully open the window.

CAUTION - Perform the work from turning the ignition switch to OFF to turning the ignition switch to ON within 30 seconds.

5. Perform Operation A.
6. Operate the AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN, check that the window operates normally. When the window does not open full or close full, repeat the step 1 - 5 again.

I think B might clear/reset the learned limits and A must let it relearn them.
jbrizz

Car: 2004 JDM 3.0R Spec B wagon

Return to How do I?