How do I...? (offer to show /explain).

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Postby Mo_GT » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:13 am

Some pics of running the wires:

Getting 0awg wire into the car

Speaker wires from the doors and kicks going under the seats to where the cross overs are (std amp location)

Mess o wires!!!

Grounded - bolted and soldered to the car.

Speakers installed

Back of sub box showing how the capacitor is mounted:

Also see new thread here for finished pics : http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?p=19235#19235
Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Re: How do I...? (offer to show /explain).

Postby teK-- » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:46 pm

Hey MoGT is that grommet for the ECU wiring harness? How did you feed the power cable through; I have tried to push mine through but the cable keeps rounding and not going through because there's not exactly a lot of space on the other side.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Postby Mo_GT » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:10 pm

teK-- wrote:Hey MoGT is that grommet for the ECU wiring harness? How did you feed the power cable through; I have tried to push mine through but the cable keeps rounding and not going through because there's not exactly a lot of space on the other side.

First remove the rubber 'cap' like thing and poke a hole thru, then run a flexible wire or coat hanger or something similar into the car and get the other end into the car - there's actually quite a bit os space but its sort of 'L' shaped.

Once you have that through to the other side, attach the power cable to that, use some mild soap water as lube and pull the acable thru.

:)
Mo
Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby teK-- » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Hey mate I got it through easily thanks. Today was about 4 times more productive than last time; in one day I have run all my cables and wires plus even caught up with a mate for lunch and did some shopping inbetween! Just waiting for the double DIN faceplate to arrive then I can start to plug shit in and it's finally goodbye stock stereo :D

Check out this DOUBLE PENETRATION! OK guys get your minds out of the gutter now, ha ha ;)
Attachments
26062009705.jpg
26062009705.jpg (94.73 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Previous

Return to How do I?