Upholstery cleaning

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Upholstery cleaning

Postby gt_dicko » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:32 pm

Hi Guys, does anyone know a good Upholsterer in Eastern Melb? I want to get my seats steam cleaned, they've developed a few stains from me eating and drinking in their as well as general dirt that they've collected.
Or in lieu of that, has anyone steam cleaned seats before? if so, any tips? If it's easy to do I'll just go to K-mart and buy one of those $50 jobs and give it a go.

Dicko
gt_dicko

Postby SkoobyGT » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:27 am

Leather or cloth?

I use the Meguiars leather cleaner, smells nice.
************FOR SALE - $20,999 - ************2004 GT Liberty
SkoobyGT

Postby gt_dicko » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:30 am

Sorry, should have said, cloth.
gt_dicko

Postby XRC15T » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:22 pm

Of course we believe the stains are from eating and drinking......
XRC15T

Postby gt_dicko » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:42 am

yes..... of course..... :blush:
gt_dicko

Re: Upholstery cleaning

Postby edward123 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:21 am

gt_dicko wrote:Hi Guys, does anyone know a good Upholsterer in Eastern Melb? I want to get my seats steam cleaned, they've developed a few stains from me eating and drinking in their as well as general dirt that they've collected.
Or in lieu of that, has anyone steam area carpet cleaning services seats before? if so, any tips? If it's easy to do I'll just go to K-mart and buy one of those $50 jobs and give it a go.

Dicko

Hello Dicko,
If you want to clean your car's upholstery. For this I like to share a technique called shampooing. It is very effective, easy and less costlier than any cleaning technique......
edward123

Car: Nissan GTR

Re: Upholstery cleaning

Postby jarret544 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:10 pm

Hello,

If you want to steam clean your car seats, here are some useful tips on how to clean it:

1. Vacuum loose dust, dirt and debris from the car seats. Use the hose attachment on the vacuum cleaner to sweep the backs, sides, and bottoms of the seats.

2. Place water in the steam cleaner water reservoir. Refer to the owner’s manual for specific operating instructions and the amount of water to use as this will vary among models of steam cleaners.

3. Allow the steam cleaner to heat up. This can take anywhere from two to 20 minutes or more, depending on the model of steam cleaner you are using. Refer to the owner’s manual for the specific amount of time it takes to heat up the steam cleaner.

4. Clean the car seats one section at a time. Run the steam cleaner hose attachment slowly over the car seats. Use a vertical motion when cleaning and overlap your strokes to ensure that no area is missed. Make one pass over each section, moving from top to bottom (or back to front).

5. Hold the steam cleaner onto any stained areas of the car seats for about 15 seconds. This will loosen the stain from the fabric. Avoid doing this on leather car seats as too much moisture may damage the leather.

6. Add more water to the machine as needed. Some steam cleaners will have an indicator light to let you know that the machine is empty. Others will simply stop producing water when empty.

7. Allow the car seats to air dry completely. If possible, roll down the car windows to speed up the drying time.
jarret544

Car: no

Return to How do I?