Metallic Grill Option - a Problem.

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Postby Sentinel » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:35 pm

Arith wrote:
Sentinel wrote:They're not grille's! They're recycled flyscreens and door mesh gone wrong!! :wink:

LOL! :rofl:

But shhhh!! OP may still be listening!

Ah yeah - oops! Sorry modern - I got carried away! :oops: :wink:
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby gumbyy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:41 am

I don't see anything wrong with the top grille!
:swoon:
gumbyy

Car: MY04 GT Sedan (Team Black)

Postby modern_messiah » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:46 am

You're all so mean! :(

Honestly I like it and that's why I paid for it to be fitted - the problem is (and I've jsut noticed it from the picture Arith supplied) is that the Subaru promotional picture makes it look a lot darker/thicker than it actually is.

I can tell you first hand that it gives off the imperssion of thick fly screen in its current state. I thick I'll try fix my 'problem' in 2 steps - double up on the mesh somehow and then paint the radiator behind it so long as it does not muck something up.
MY09 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Manual :: Diamond Grey :: Black leather Interior :: Spec B 18" Wheels :: And Apparently a Metallic Black Mesh Grill though I can't find it...
modern_messiah

Car: 2009 2.5i Manual

Postby Digital » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:14 am

i think ur best bet would be to leave it for a while.... (until u feel that u got ur money's worth 8) ) then save up some pennys for a honeycomb grill or zerosports/corazon grill!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MY08 2.5i - Satin Pearl White - Sat Nav [TEAM WHITE]
Digital
-stickered-

Car: MY08 2.5i Sedan - TEAM WHITE
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5767&start=0

Postby Arith » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:30 am

modern_messiah wrote:You're all so mean! :( Honestly I like it and that's why I paid for it to be fitted

LOL! Sorry, there are very outspoken and passionate people on here. :D

But I don't think it's so much the look of the grill, as it's borderline ok, but rather the fact that Subaru charges $700 for it, installed. That's just ridiculous! :?

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby modern_messiah » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:57 pm

But I don't think it's so much the look of the grill, as it's borderline ok, but rather the fact that Subaru charges $700 for it, installed. That's just ridiculous!

I totally agree with that, and in hind sight I would have saved myself some dosh by having a grill fitted after market (I am leasing this car so any money saved on the initial purchase lowers my liabilites at the end) but this been my first car that I actually liked and wanted, I was a bit giddy when I ordered everything :wink:
MY09 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Manual :: Diamond Grey :: Black leather Interior :: Spec B 18" Wheels :: And Apparently a Metallic Black Mesh Grill though I can't find it...
modern_messiah

Postby Arith » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:25 pm

LOL! Good on ya! To each their own we always say here. So don't be afraid to say "I like it. If you don't you can kiss my a** because I don't care." :P

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby loweart » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:36 pm

HEY STEVE,

Stop making fun of my flyscreen :cry: YES, I have the first one listed from Jim's pics.

Just hurry up and find that honeycomb grille I asked you about from the Subaru parts thread !
FAST cars and slow women

Silver MY03 Subaru Impreza RS
HKS Panel Filter | Clarion NX502a | Kenwood XR-4S multi channel D class amp | Morel & Eclipse speakers | Yokohama C Drive
loweart
-stickered-

Car: MY03 Impreza RS ( Team Silver )

Postby Sentinel » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:14 pm

loweart wrote:HEY STEVE,

Stop making fun of my flyscreen :cry: YES, I have the first one listed from Jim's pics.

Just hurry up and find that honeycomb grille I asked you about from the Subaru parts thread !

Aw c'mon Lok!! haha! :wink: I'm trying for ya! :D
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby nytrojen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Do you have to shake the dead bugs out of it after every trip? :P
nytrojen
-stickered-

Postby Sentinel » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:24 pm

nytrojen wrote:

LOL!! :rofl:
Memoirs of Sentinel:
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby loweart » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:53 pm

nytrojen wrote:

Well Avon,

I was washing my Lib last weekend and my foam sponge is getting on a bit. As I wiped across the grille, bits of the foam sponge came apart and fell through the holes in the grille. So, I guess it acts like a cheese grater for old foam sponges ! :shock:

Lok
FAST cars and slow women

Silver MY03 Subaru Impreza RS
HKS Panel Filter | Clarion NX502a | Kenwood XR-4S multi channel D class amp | Morel & Eclipse speakers | Yokohama C Drive
loweart
-stickered-

Car: MY03 Impreza RS ( Team Silver )

Postby modern_messiah » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:31 pm

I'm raising this up from the semi-dead here but...

Would painting the radiator behind the mesh (just that section, not the whole thing) with some black caliper paint effect the ability of the radiator in anyway? Would it be a bad thing to do? Or really insignificant?
modern_messiah

Postby smythie » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:53 pm

If anything it will help the radiator expel heat more effectively. (ie, work better :wink:)
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby modern_messiah » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:56 pm

As I am an engineer I can see the logic in that even if it is not quite sound in this case lol.

But basically I've decided to do it already. Just got to find the time :?
modern_messiah

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?