Headlights help

Ask for help with doing something on your car here.

Headlights help

Postby RalaZor » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:36 pm

got my self 04 Pre-fl gen 4 gt in march and the lights are not in the best condition - trying to get my hands on a set of stock hids.
anyone know where i should be looking and what parts (ie numbers ) i should be looking for - not sure what to get
new to this whole thing - thanks for any help in advance
RalaZor

Car: 04 liberty GT PP

Re: Headlights help

Postby fedaykin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Jump onto Yahoo Auctions Japan using Google Chrome browser (auto translates). Look for BP BL headlights. Once you've found a set you like, get Jesse Streeter (search that name) to buy it for you and ship it to you.
fedaykin

Car: MY10 GT Wagon 6MT

Postby Stevo3RB » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Jump onto www.partsouq.com and enter your VIN number and you'll be able to find the part numbers you're after.

Be prepared though, HID's are $$$$$ :shock: For my 07 spec B wagon I think they were $1K+ PER side IIRC...
Stevo3RB

Car: MY07 Liberty Spec B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30828

Postby Gavin_M » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:04 pm

I recently bought second hand JDM HID's for my '05 GT from ebay for ~$500. Came in pretty top condition. Seller was Jdm.13.
Wiring was a little bit tricky. I took some notes when I fitted mine. Happy to share if you go down that path.
Gavin_M

Car: '06 Lib GT Wagon

Postby Hewy317 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:26 pm

Are the hids just a plug in set up or is there rewiring involved my 05 3.0rb has halogen n i found a set of jdm hids on the cheap
Hewy317

Car: 2005 3.0RB 6mt black sedan

Postby Gavin_M » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:15 pm

The JDM HID's I got came with different plugs (similar but different) to connect them to the ADM loom. Also the wiring was slightly different, I ended up taking the plugs off my ADM lights and fitting them to the JDM lights.
I've got some notes on where the wires go into the plugs at home. Will post them in a few days.
Gavin_M

Postby Hewy317 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Oh sweet! So def worth getting them? Not too much hassle to rewire?
Hewy317

Postby Gavin_M » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Sooooo it turns out my notes are shit haha. Sorry dude. I've had a look at the car, pretty difficult to see without removing the airbox or the battery but I can tell you this much;

JDM HID loom uses a 6 pin connector with all 6 pins used. AUDM loom uses a similar 6 pin connector with only 5 pins used. The pins for both types of connector are the same and pretty straight forward to pop out of the plug, if you look into the front of the plug, there are little tabs that you can pop up with a small flat screwdriver, pins can then be pulled out.
I've taken the JDM connector off the the new HID lights and swapped it for the connector from the AUDM lights being removed. 5 of the pins from the JDM headlight loom are placed into the same numerical positions in the AUDM connector. I've soldered (poorly) two of the wires together on the headlight side and where they go into one of the pins, unfortunately I can't see which pin they're actually going into because the airbox/coolant overflow bottle are in the way. Wires joined together are a red and a yellow.

If you can get a wiring diagram for AUDM,JDM it'll help. Hope I've been of some help to you man.
Gavin_M

Postby Hewy317 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Thanks gav massive help!
Im a mech so im familiar with what to do just needed what wires go where
So is it yellow and red from jdm joined together into audm? Or red/yellow jdm into red/yellow audm?
Looks like i gotta spend some money hahaha
Hewy317

Postby kainer » Sat May 12, 2018 8:54 pm

Hey guys does anyone have the wiring diagram here for ADM to JDM hid's?
kainer

Return to How do I?