Scholl S20 black - anyone used?

Detaling and car washing techniques

Re: Scholl S20 black - anyone used?

Postby Monkey » Sun May 03, 2015 8:08 pm

Spent 6 hours on the car today - washed with foam lance, high pressure rinse, 2 bucket wash
Then did the front panels only (back to the mirrors) - claybar, 2 polishes with Scholl S20 black then wax with Collinite 476s.
Really happy with the results. It has removed about 80% of the scratches and the green metallic fleck really pops now. All traces of watermarks are completely removed too.

Still need to do roof, sides, back, interior, glass.....

spanku690 wrote:Personally your das6 and menzerna items if used correctly could yield better results. It's very easy to work with subarus soft/shitty paint

You could be right, but I doubt it. The last detail it had was by a friend who has done dozens of cars. He was using simiar equipment (Concourse 900 polisher, Lake County pads, quality polish, etc).
He spent all day on it - including about 3hrs of just polishing in multiple stages - and the scratches didn't lift. I was polishing for less than 1hr and removed most of them.
My wife also got amazing results on her Supra. She has spent hours upon hours polishing it previously and never got results like this.
I definitely recommend this stuff!
Monkey

Car: MY07 black 6MT Liberty tbSTI sedan

Postby Monkey » Mon May 04, 2015 1:10 pm

BEFORE
IMG_7497_778x518.jpg
IMG_7497_778x518.jpg (117.29 KiB) Viewed 10818 times

AFTER
IMG_7536_778x518.jpg
IMG_7536_778x518.jpg (118.41 KiB) Viewed 10818 times
Monkey

Postby HyRax » Mon May 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Purdy.

spanku690 wrote:Are you applying scatch x by hand? If so you won't take any clear away.. You'll need a da or something similar to actually correct something applying by hand will only mask it .

Yes, by hand - as per the instructions. Work it in with a terry towel until the visible white fluid has all gone, and then buff/wipe smooth with a microfibre cloth.

Theoretically then, if I got some wax and grease remover and applied it, all the scratches should visibly show up again.
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off...
HyRax

Car: ADM MY19 3.6R Outback
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15482

Postby dle » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:41 pm

spanku690 wrote:
Monkey wrote:Cheers guys. I guess the point of this is to remove the need for fillers and 2-3 stages of polishing, which might take 8+hrs alone?
Plus, this already had a 2 stage polish with a Concours 900 DA machine about a year ago by a friend who has detailed before and didn't get the scratches out. I'm confident this was a good investment and strongly recommend anyone else with damaged paint try it.
Looking forward to doing the whole car this weekend if I have time and will post some proper pics with my DSLR.

You'll find that good polishes don't have fillers. If it's all ready had 2 stages of polish and scratches are still there maybe a wrong pad was used.

Try use 50/50 ipa see if you see the scratches back.

There's a reason polishing with correct technique takes time it's because it actually peels abit of the clear coat to remove scratches anything that removes scratches that takes a short amount of time is usually full of fillers to hide it.

Polishers and Swirl Removal Tips -- /DRIVE CLEAN: https://youtu.be/OgSLEVi_SPg

have used s20 black before and believe that it does not contain fillers. have always used an alcohol based cleaner to remove the polish and the scratches (where corrected) do not re-appear. overall, when used with its intended system (scholl universal blue spider pad) it isn't too bad and removes light to medium scratches in 1 pass. your results may vary - softer paints tend to have better results.
dle

Car: MY05 Lib GT

Postby Monkey » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Since my above post, I've since used the Scholl S20 black and the blue spider pads on my friend's dark red 1994 BMW and my wife's black 06 Lexus RX350.

The BMW was in absolutely shocking condition - covered in berry-stained bird crap, cobwebs, tar, grime, slime, even some moss/mould, etc - had not been garaged or washed properly in years and regularly parked under trees. It came up very good - from 2/10 to about 8/10 - but it was only a quick 7hr job and the polish didn't work on a section on the bonnet where the clear coat had eroded and the paint was completely oxidised. In fact, it may have made it slightly worse.

The Lexus had been well-cared for by the previous owner (we've only had it 6 months) and had only light swirls visible in sunlight, probably from a car wash. It removed approx 80% of the swirls after 2 reasonably quick passes. Total time spent was about 7hrs with 2 of us working on it - 3 stage wash, full claybar, 2 polishes and 2 coats of wax. Total polish time was probably 1 - 1.5hrs.

Btw, on the Lexus I tried out my new Collinite 915 wax (previously used Collinite 476S). I think it probably deepened the black better than the 476, but haven't yet applied to my car and will be interesting to see how long it lasts. My 476 is just starting to wear off now (based on my observations of reduced water beading) - so that's about 9 months - pretty impressive! (ps. car is garaged day and night but driven daily)

Very happy with the Scholl S20 polish.
Monkey

Previous

Return to Detailing