Seat stains

Detaling and car washing techniques

Seat stains

Postby BE4ORE » Sun May 11, 2014 12:18 am

Hey guys,

Recently bought my B4 that came with version 7 STi seats, which look awesome. However, the previous owner has stained them somehow in the middle and they look somehow disgusting and don't want to know what it is.

What would be the best way to remove stains off suede material??!

Thanks in advance.
everything is better in two's :D
BE4ORE

Car: Liberty B4

Re: Seat stains

Postby Deep Heat » Sun May 11, 2014 1:56 am

Jizz or non jizz? I can only help with jizz.
Jack_Keaka wrote: I like my women like subarus, box explodes and does a head easily.
Deep Heat
formerly Twinkle

Postby BE4ORE » Mon May 12, 2014 11:32 am

Deep Heat wrote:Jizz or non jizz? I can only help with jizz.

hahahahaha... i have no idea man, lets say jizz since that's the only way you can help... plus the guy was a nurse so probably jizz!!!
BE4ORE

Postby BE4ORE » Tue May 13, 2014 7:41 am

Here is what it looks like, they're the suede STi seats... What do you guys think?

2014-05-10 07.27.21.jpg
2014-05-10 07.27.21.jpg (241.38 KiB) Viewed 9677 times
BE4ORE

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue May 13, 2014 9:24 am

The way to clean synthetic suede would be similar to the technique for Alcantara.

If you need to use a detergent make sure its very mild e.g. : hand soap, wool wash, neutral ph or similar.

Soak the affected area with a generous, weak mix of water and the detergent.

Do not abrade (scrape or wear away by friction or erosion) or agitate the material.

Pat the mix off using a dry cotton bed sheet or towel, preferable one that is well washed, to minimize lint transfer.

Do not rub, just use gentle pressure to lift the moisture.

Repeat until the colour comes back to the affected area or till you get the grime transferring to the dry cloth.

Repeat the process with plain water to lift the remaining detergent from the material.

You may need to apply this process in varying degrees to all of the seat base and back so they dry to a consistent colour.

Placing more dry towels etc in the car, adjacent but not on the cleaned surfaces, and letting it all dry overnight will help.

If its really bad, remove the seat, remove the affected cushion, strip the cover from the seat, if you break the hog rings replacements are available or use zip ties.
And clean the cover off the seat as a last resort, by letting it soak and repeating the process.

Avoid excessive heat, strong detergents and above all, any abrasive cleaning methods. Having said that really stubbon dirt can be agitated by using a short bristle brush, e.g.: an old toothbrush, the trick is to not scub or abrade, just place the bristles on the material and use a very gentle circular motion to lift the pile or get into perforations.

Once any material is abraded off, it aint ever coming back so be very careful!

Now if it is actually natural suede the process will be similar but probably use specific conditioners, so check and test before proceeding...
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby BUDDAH » Tue May 13, 2014 9:34 am

Only last week had my Forester S detailed getting ready for sale and they just used the same steam cleaner as they did on the carpets the seats came up looking like new . This was the same way they cleaned my seats in my B4 maybe 5 times over its life and didn't have a problem
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby BE4ORE » Tue May 13, 2014 12:34 pm

Hmmm... thanks for the input boys, i'll give it a go on the weekend although i don't fully trust myself with this kind of thing but i'll try lol!
BE4ORE

Return to Detailing