pressure cleaner

Detaling and car washing techniques

pressure cleaner

Postby bretto87 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:19 am

So I decided to go out and buy a pressure cleaner and foam lance for the car..after spending all the money dad decides to ask if they are safe enough to use on the car without hurting the paint....I assume it's not a problem but thought I would ask if anyone had problems with using them on there cars?
bretto87

Car: MY07 3.0 Spec B

Re: pressure cleaner

Postby subyroo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:39 pm

bretto87 wrote:So I decided to go out and buy a pressure cleaner and foam lance for the car..after spending all the money dad decides to ask if they are safe enough to use on the car without hurting the paint....I assume it's not a problem but thought I would ask if anyone had problems with using them on there cars?

No problem really, just don't get too close to any stone chips or it can lift the paint off.

The way I learned on how far to keep the nozzle away from the paintwork was to put on the nozzle I wanted to use, normally the "rotary dirt buster nozzle", then start it running and put the nozzle as far away as possible from your bare foot and then slowly bring it down closer until it starts to hurt your foot and that is the distance as to how far away from the paint work you need to keep the nozzle, same goes for the fan shaped nozzle.

I have never had a problem, works for me. :mrgreen:
Pedro

2021 Honda HR-V VTi-S
MY03 XS Forester (owned for 13yrs.)
Man blames fate for other accidents but feels personally responsible for a hole in one.
subyroo

Car: 2021 Honda HRV VTi-S

Return to Detailing