OPTI COAT in Melbourne?

Detaling and car washing techniques

OPTI COAT in Melbourne?

Postby Georgie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:45 am

Hi guys,
I've been looking into OPTICOAT, and noticed Elite in Adelaide, but can anyone recommend someone in Melbourne that does it?
I'm looking to get a new car done, rather than pay for a car yard 5th Dimension Package.

Thanks
Georgie

Car: Was 07 Spec B, Now SG Forester XTP

Re: OPTI COAT in Melbourne?

Postby bosc0 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:49 pm

bosc0

Car: GT SpecB wagon

Postby Jarrod » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:20 pm

We can do the same thing at my old panelshop as well.
Jarrod

Car: MY12

Postby Kekotic » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Jarrod wrote:We can do the same thing at my old panelshop as well.

Opticoat or optiguard?
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Jarrod » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:34 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:

Opticoat or optiguard?

We do paint protection using a Quartz product made in USA (or Japan) cant remember exactly. Pretty sure it was USA but I dont have the bottle infront of me.

Has the same protections as Opticoat brand, scratch resistant, water will bead off when wet.

Paint protection can only be applied after you have extensivly detailed and cleaned the paintwork.
Jarrod

Postby Kekotic » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Jarrod wrote:
chaotic2050 wrote:

Opticoat or optiguard?

We do paint protection using a Quartz product made in USA (or Japan) cant remember exactly. Pretty sure it was USA but I dont have the bottle infront of me.

Cquartz? That needs to be multi layered (like 3+ times) just to get close to Optiguards longevity.

The reason I asked if it was Opticoat or Optiguard, is because Opticoat 2.0 is the consumer version which is diluted and not a permanent sealant like Optiguard. But Optiguard can only be purchased by approved detailers.

http://www.optimumcarcare.com.au/produc ... alers.html

Dansgarage as Bosco has mentioned is optiguard approved but chooses not to list himself on the optimum website because he doesn't detail full time.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby Jarrod » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Cant think of the exact brand, but I know that it lasts 18 months to 24 months. One bottle does one car.
Jarrod

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Jarrod wrote:Cant think of the exact brand, but I know that it lasts 18 months to 24 months. One bottle does one car.

Sounds like cquartz. Not a bad product as well if it is cquartz

+1
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby bayios » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:48 am

Just had my Suby done by these guys and was really impressed .. They are mobile so they come to you .. I cant leave a website or contact name or number on these forums but I can suggest you google or search for Melbourne Mobile Detailing

Charged me $550 and is coming past in a few days to check the progress of the product and if I have any concerns

Glad I chose Opticoat with this mob
bayios

Car: The Beast

Postby tangcla » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Another vote for Dans Garage Detailing from my own experience. He's a good friend of mine and really knows his stuff, plus he's very helpful with advice. Meticulous.
www.tangcla.com - photography

Canon 5D Mark III x2 | 16-35mm f/2.8L | 24-70mm f/2.8L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
100mm f/2.8L IS macro | 200mm f/2.0L IS | 580EX-II x2 | 430EX-II | PocketWizard TT1/TT5
tangcla

Car: B6 Audi S4 (4.2L V8)
Profile URL: http://www.tangcla.com

Postby Monkey » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:47 pm

My parents just bought a 2007 H6 Spec B which has a few scratches. I've done a lot of research the last week or so on paint correction and protection providers, and based on my research, Dan seems to be one of the best choices in terms of quality vs price. However, it's worth noting that, as at last week, Dan has a 2 month waiting list - which in their case is too long to wait.

To the OP, Georgie, if you're looking for something sooner, there are a number of providers in Melbourne who do Opti Coat / C Quartz / Ceramic Pro / Modesta / Full Metal Jacket.... all of which provide paint protection.
Based on advice I have received / forums I've read, Modesta may give a shinier finish than Opti-Coat; and Ceramic Pro is 3-4 times thicker than OC. Obviously I can't attest to this.
Providers I've found in Melbourne with a good reputation online are: Bon Vivant, Immaculate Reflections, Reflection Perfection, Final Inspection. Of course there are probably many more.
Prices for 2-3 stage correction/protection seem to be between $800-1000.
Monkey

Car: MY07 black 6MT Liberty tbSTI sedan

Postby bass_straitener » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:57 pm

Monkey wrote:My parents just bought a 2007 H6 Spec B which has a few scratches. I've done a lot of research the last week or so on paint correction and protection providers, and based on my research, Dan seems to be one of the best choices in terms of quality vs price. However, it's worth noting that, as at last week, Dan has a 2 month waiting list - which in their case is too long to wait.

Best to book with Dan and go on the waiting list. He does have the odd cancellation and will call you up.

There's a reason why he's booked solid, and it's not because he's the cheapest.

Surely your parents car isn't going to deteriorate any further in the 2 month wait.

With regards to Opticoat, I did find after a wash the paint finish didn't feel as smooth\slippery till I wiped it over with the Optimum Gloss Enhancer. That might put some people off. The gloss enhancer definitely improved the depth of the gloss on a dark coloured car.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
bass_straitener
-stickered-

Car: MY12 C63
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14781

Postby hamish_023 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Ceramic pro isn't 3-4 thicker it's the same.
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Monkey » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:34 pm

bass_straitener wrote:
Monkey wrote:My parents just bought a 2007 H6 Spec B which has a few scratches. I've done a lot of research the last week or so on paint correction and protection providers, and based on my research, Dan seems to be one of the best choices in terms of quality vs price. However, it's worth noting that, as at last week, Dan has a 2 month waiting list - which in their case is too long to wait.

Surely your parents car isn't going to deteriorate any further in the 2 month wait.

Probably not, but if buying a new (used) car, of course they would want it to look the best and be protected ASAP after acquiring.
Monkey

Postby Monkey » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:43 pm

hamish_023 wrote:Ceramic pro isn't 3-4 thicker it's the same.

Obviously I've never used either, but this information was from a detailer who supplies both; along with 2 other options.
This is not directed to you Hamish, but my feeling is that some detailers with one option will probably claim theirs as the best, and that those with multiple options will probably push the one with the best profit margin... so I take all the information with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, they're probably all decent products and any protection is better than none.
Monkey

Next

Return to Detailing