Washing Advice

Detaling and car washing techniques

Re: Washing Advice

Postby Kekotic » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:17 am

Feel free to post whatever you want Buddah.
The only reason I deleted about 200 posts was to stop that IRISHGT guy from reading through all my posts to try find out where I lived.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:05 pm

BUDDAH wrote:Im a 100% convert to http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/ products the wax is amazing and lasts 6 months. I wax all the side glass rear window and mag wheels. All I do is snow the car down use a wool mitt all over hose down then use a petrol blower starting from the front to the back and have never needed to use towel or cloth on the main surfaces there is NO spotting

Opticoat is a total shit to apply and have seen total crap finish on black and other dark cars . On can of Collinite wax for around $50 will do 5/6 cars

Collonite wax 915 will do much more like 50 cars not 5/6. Goes on very thin but It's known to be much like dodo juice wax's: annoying to remove and can sometimes streak on dark cars though

Opti-coat is shit to apply If you don't know how to use it. That's why theres Professional applicators that use an even better version. It will only be as good as the finish it's put on. You can rely on a wax or coating to magically fix the finish underneath
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby BUDDAH » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:51 pm

hamish_023 wrote:
BUDDAH wrote:
Collonite wax 915 will do much more like 50 cars not 5/6. Goes on very thin but It's known to be much like dodo juice wax's: annoying to remove and can sometimes streak on dark cars though

Opti-coat is shit to apply If you don't know how to use it. That's why theres Professional applicators that use an even better version. It will only be as good as the finish it's put on. You can rely on a wax or coating to magically fix the finish underneath

Best way to remove Collonite is wait for a cool day or night and wash down with Prepsol followed by a good sponge wash with dish washing liquid like Dawn. I always wash down and remove the Collonite before I re apply. When I re apply I like to put on up to 3 very thin coats i think this helps to put a nice even coat on and very thin coats are easy to polish.

3 coats may be a over kill for a pro but to me its just 6 beer and a Sunday afternoon :mrgreen:
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Postby hamish_023 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Lol at the overkill for a pro comment
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Previous

Return to Detailing