sweet looking heart

Detaling and car washing techniques

sweet looking heart

Postby claytrx » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Whats the best way to get engines looking brand new?
claytrx

Car: rx2.5MYO2

Re: sweet looking heart

Postby Kekotic » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:51 pm

You *can* spray the engine with a foaming degreaser when the engine is warm (not hot), let it sit for a bit and then hose it off. Make sure relays / fuse box / air box / battery / alternator and anything else electrical is taped up or covered with plastic.

Then get in there with some rags and All Purpose cleaner and clean everything by hand.
Problem being spraying in the engine bay can be risky. I have done it once but I'll never do it again because I just keep the engine bay clean all the time now anyway. Also the smell from degreasers gets in to the air con system and takes like a week to clear.

Ask Daniel memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5301 what he does. He has done a few car refurbs recently and fixed up the engine bay.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Re: sweet looking heart

Postby Alex@Moonlight » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 am

Here's a Moonlight Package we did with the optional Engine Bay. You'll note we cover some of the ports (glad wrap or bagged with foil over the top), particularly over the headlight wiring on this E46 325.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 120&type=3

You are quite safe putting water into an engine bay (nothing worse than happens when you drive on the freeway in rain), however never put any pressurized water into an engine bay (ie a Karcher etc).

The key to an engine bay (depending on it's state) is to loosen dirt and grime with a toothbrush and long-arm brush and plain water. Then apply your MPC and/or degreaser, let sit for 2-3 minutes and then simply rinse off. We then dry the whole engine bay by hand and apply a high-heat resistant protectant to most of the items in the engine bay.
Alex
Moonlight Detailing

moonlightdetailing@gmail.com
facebook.com/moonlightdetailing
Alex@Moonlight

Car: BMW 125i

Return to Detailing