Water marks on roof liner

Detaling and car washing techniques

Water marks on roof liner

Postby garbo41610 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Hey all,

Had an issue with the sunroof on my GenV a couple of weeks ago. The drain holes got clogged with debris and the water wouldn't drain properly. While the car was moving it was ok but if the car was parked and the water had a chance to settle, the water would overflow from te sunroof tail part and soak into the roof lining. I now have "tide marks" in a few spots on the roof lining. They aren't too bad or obvious but annoying nonetheless.

Any ideas on how I can clean them off??? I'm thinking a portable steam cleaner with one of those small nozzles and some gentle shampoo and soft cloth might be the way to go.

Thoughts?

P.s. if you're not sure what I'm talking about, open your sunroof and look int the front corners under the rails. You should see a pea sized hole in each corner. To clean mine out I gave it a quick jet from an air compressor at 90degrees to the hole to make sure I don't blow the crud into the drains.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Re: Water marks on roof liner

Postby Alex@Moonlight » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey Phil,

Do you know the exact material of your roofliner? Then I can give you some direction about best process for removal.

Cheers,

Alex
Alex
Moonlight Detailing

moonlightdetailing@gmail.com
facebook.com/moonlightdetailing
Alex@Moonlight

Car: BMW 125i

Return to Detailing