Cracked paint

Detaling and car washing techniques

Cracked paint

Postby LorrenK » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:48 am

Hi again,
I had my car up on the ramps yesterday, and the bottom of the bar must have touched the ramp because I just noticed some horizontal cracks in the topcoat on one side :(

Are these something that can be polished or buffed out. The paint itself seems to be fine, now I'm just annoyed at myself.

Any thoughts?
Subaru Liberty MY08 GT.B-Spec Wagon 6sp, aka "The Scub". Parrot MKi9200. Soundstream monobloc and Memphis 12" sub. Ultrex front lip. STi short-shifter. DefiLink Boost and Oil press. gauges. Fujitsubo Legalis Super R 3" Catback Exhaust. Custom painted Tb-STi rims. Wilwood Racing front rotors and callipers with braided lines. Apex'i CAI and G88 fabricated enclosure. KiDo tune (finally!!). Cusco swaybars. Cusco tower brace with master cylinder stopper. tbSTi leather/suede seats. Leo's Angel Eyes, HID highbeams and LED foglights. Hella Supertones. GFB TMS Response II BOV.
LorrenK

Car: MY08 Liberty GTB 6sp wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19651

Re: Cracked paint

Postby 05GTLIB » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Pics?
05GTLIB

Car: 05 liberty gt

Postby LorrenK » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:51 pm

I'll take some later. it's 39* and I'm alternating from the pool to the aircon and back... if it cools down later in the evening I'll get the car out and take a couple of photos. I took one last night but it was almost night and just using my ipad mini with no flash I couldn't see anything.
Subaru Liberty MY08 GT.B-Spec Wagon 6sp, aka "The Scub". Parrot MKi9200. Soundstream monobloc and Memphis 12" sub. Ultrex front lip. STi short-shifter. DefiLink Boost and Oil press. gauges. Fujitsubo Legalis Super R 3" Catback Exhaust. Custom painted Tb-STi rims. Wilwood Racing front rotors and callipers with braided lines. Apex'i CAI and G88 fabricated enclosure. KiDo tune (finally!!). Cusco swaybars. Cusco tower brace with master cylinder stopper. tbSTi leather/suede seats. Leo's Angel Eyes, HID highbeams and LED foglights. Hella Supertones. GFB TMS Response II BOV.
LorrenK

Postby LorrenK » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Hard to make out. I only noticed because I was up close chamoising it dry

image.jpg
image.jpg (79 KiB) Viewed 1694 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (74.96 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
LorrenK

Postby Sh4wry » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:38 am

Long story but had it on my gen 3.

From what I understand the plastic bumpers bend to absorb the impacts, however when this occurrs it cracks the clear coat. Mine got worse over time, flaked n bubbled till I got it resprayed.
Sh4wry
-stickered-

Car: 07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17136

Return to Detailing