Bugs!!

Detaling and car washing techniques

Bugs!!

Postby LorrenK » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Just returned from a 2500km round trip and picked up a few bugs along the way
What's the recommended way to deal with these?
Attachments
image.jpg
Ewwy
image.jpg (218.89 KiB) Viewed 4199 times
Subaru Liberty MY08 GT.B-Spec Wagon 6sp, aka "The Scub". Parrot MKi9200. Soundstream monobloc and Memphis 12" sub. Ultrex front lip. STi short-shifter. DefiLink Boost and Oil press. gauges. Fujitsubo Legalis Super R 3" Catback Exhaust. Custom painted Tb-STi rims. Wilwood Racing front rotors and callipers with braided lines. Apex'i CAI and G88 fabricated enclosure. KiDo tune (finally!!). Cusco swaybars. Cusco tower brace with master cylinder stopper. tbSTi leather/suede seats. Leo's Angel Eyes, HID highbeams and LED foglights. Hella Supertones. GFB TMS Response II BOV.
LorrenK

Car: MY08 Liberty GTB 6sp wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19651

Re: Bugs!!

Postby Jack_Keaka » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm

you can put them into a delicious potato and bug stew.
Boostaddict wrote:Holy shit.... I want a gen 3 again!!!! :D
Jack_Keaka

Car: Nissan Skyline R33 + R36 Passat
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18091

Postby SYM » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Every time I get a bit of bug splatter, I find a bloody good soaking (water or soapy water) will soften up the carcasses, and should be the longer the soaking, the better.......... and in most cases will come right off with a jet washer (only the stubborn one remains need a bit of sponge work)
[ MY10 Liberty GT Wagon ] : Powered by HKS | STi | KiDo | Cusco | Valenti | Crystal Eye | F&R Brembo BBK, cruisn style :mrgreen:

Pics | Jack Moss' awesome Prototype photography of the GT | MY10 LGT early days, and Most Recent pics
Vids | SYM Member Profile video | Our slick club.lib #bandbacktogether video plus Various other club.liberty vid compilations
SYM
-stickered-

Car: MY10 LGT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17124

Postby HyRax » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Warm water and soap, or FW1 to soften them up a bit and then a basic wipe off with a terry towel works well for me.
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off...
HyRax

Car: ADM MY19 3.6R Outback
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15482

Postby Corsair » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:48 pm

This usually helps...
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby LorrenK » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks guys : )
Subaru Liberty MY08 GT.B-Spec Wagon 6sp, aka "The Scub". Parrot MKi9200. Soundstream monobloc and Memphis 12" sub. Ultrex front lip. STi short-shifter. DefiLink Boost and Oil press. gauges. Fujitsubo Legalis Super R 3" Catback Exhaust. Custom painted Tb-STi rims. Wilwood Racing front rotors and callipers with braided lines. Apex'i CAI and G88 fabricated enclosure. KiDo tune (finally!!). Cusco swaybars. Cusco tower brace with master cylinder stopper. tbSTi leather/suede seats. Leo's Angel Eyes, HID highbeams and LED foglights. Hella Supertones. GFB TMS Response II BOV.
LorrenK

Car: MY08 Liberty GTB 6sp wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19651

Return to Detailing