Headlight cleaner

Detaling and car washing techniques

Headlight cleaner

Postby chanham » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 am

Hey guys,

My lib had pretty dirty headlights, so i gave this headlight cleaner a shot (used it previously on my old car which turned out great).

results:
before
after

cost a little over $10 posted from the states. works great as you can see in the pictures.
link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280705018788
chanham
formerly ciand06

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0R 2004
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18831

Re: Headlight cleaner

Postby AlpineRaven » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:13 am

This is what I used a few times and does it a treat! The downside is the price tag but its worth the cent.

Next thing - How do we prevent from going back how it was before? Do we spray a coat of clear paint or sealer etc?

I've noticed that after you polish it it goes back quicker - lot quicker than what it would be since new - that I am suspicious while you're polishing it we've taken away a film off the headlight?

Cheers
AP
AlpineRaven

Car: BP Liberty Wagon 2.5i

Re: Headlight cleaner

Postby Kekotic » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:55 am

AlpineRaven wrote:This is what I used a few times and does it a treat! The downside is the price tag but its worth the cent.

Next thing - How do we prevent from going back how it was before? Do we spray a coat of clear paint or sealer etc?

I've noticed that after you polish it it goes back quicker - lot quicker than what it would be since new - that I am suspicious while you're polishing it we've taken away a film off the headlight?

Cheers
AP

Yeah there is a UV protecting film which you will have scrubbed away, leaving the plastic even more vulnerable to discolouration than before. You need to apply something afterwards. Normally the proper headlight rejuv kits come with something, or you can buy some of that clear film to put over (Hamish does that)
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Return to Detailing