autoglym

Detaling and car washing techniques

autoglym

Postby LOWLIB » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:12 am

hey guys

just a quick question what do you think of the autoglym car care range? my mate can get me some for 40% off through his work so I'm thinking about getting it if its any good

cheers
james
LOWLIB
formerly J1C2M3

Car: MY07 2.0R Liberty Wagon

Re: autoglym

Postby hamish_023 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:33 am

It's not bad, expensive for what you get. What are you wanting to get?
hamish_023

Car: Black Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10013

Postby Kekotic » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:15 pm

I only use the car wash shampoo from Autoglym, it's okay. Wouldn't bother with any of the rest.
Kekotic
-stickered-

Car: MY07 Liberty GT Spec.B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13066

Postby LOWLIB » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:31 pm

hamish_023 wrote:It's not bad, expensive for what you get. What are you wanting to get?

thinking about getting the polish for black cars. I've just had my car resprayed and fixed under insurance from hail damage so i want to keep it looking smicko again.

can you recommend any other good polishes for black cars hamish?? I'm currently using mothers.
LOWLIB
formerly J1C2M3

Car: MY07 2.0R Liberty Wagon

Postby Gripped » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:58 pm

i use the polish from autoglym i need get some more mine is running out
in my opinion its pretty good makes my car so shiny and bright lol :D
Gripped

Car: R32 4 Door Skyline
Profile URL: http://instagram.com/cosmocow

Postby Corsair » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:04 pm

I like their products. And not just because they're endorsed by the Queen. I recommend the shampoo, wheel cleaner (although it is acidic) and the Super Resin polish. I don't have the wide experience of products that someone like Hamish does, but compared to other brands I've used, Autoglym have come up trumps.
I got this plan. It's called 'Save Ass'. And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a bastard!
Corsair
-stickered-

Car: MY09 Liberty 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15709

Postby vedi » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:40 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:I only use the car wash shampoo from Autoglym, it's okay. Wouldn't bother with any of the rest.

+1 for truth.

I use the Autoglym shampoo whenever needed and Zaino Z5 polish every 6 months or so.
I live with fear everyday, but sometimes she lets me go driving.
vedi

Car: MY07 Liberty STi

Postby SMI77 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:27 am

I work for a company that builds/repairs/refurbish coaches and buses. We have 3 spray booths that are in constant use by either us or painting new coaches from other local builders.
We use AutoGlym polish.
My boss, who has worked in the auto refinish industry for many years previously, and has the responsibility of approving any product before it is put in use, says AutoGlym is a quality product.
Just saying.
*** Team WAGON *** Team TONY *** Team WAGON *** Team SILVER *** Team WAGON *** Team 08 B4S *** Team WAGON *** Team VF52 *** Team WAGON ***
SMI77
-stickered-

Car: 08 GTB tbSTi 6mt silver wagon

Postby cjdexter » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 pm

I'm being converted. Love their Glass Polish. And i wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of their squeegie thingos to dry the car instead of a chamois.
Black MY07 Liberty GT Spec B Sedan
cjdexter

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Spec.B

Postby GT-B Spec R Pilot » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:59 pm

chaotic2050 wrote:I only use the car wash shampoo from Autoglym,

Me too! 2 bucket method and works well for me (even post motorbike crash with crap spine!) ... As i always say, horses for courses.... Yes there are better products out there (any decent detailer could list dozens) but what are you trading off in return? More $$$, more effort, need to apply more frequently etc etc... From my experience you can't have your cake and eat it too...and I am more than happy if someone can suggest an alternative that performs as well with equal or less effort required!

As this is the only product from this manufacturer I have used I would rather not guess how their other products perform, I will leave that to those who have used them... Cheers...
GT-B Spec R Pilot

Car: MY09 Liberty GT-B Spec R 17/50

Postby Kody.B » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:06 pm

I like their glass cleaner and car shampoo.
For polish though, I prefer meguiars.
| 2004 Safety Pack 2.5i 5MT|
|2006 Subaru Impreza WRX Club Spec 9|
2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Kody.B

Car: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18714

Postby paggaz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:50 pm

I'm a big fan of Autoglym products. I bought a fair few products when repco had a 30% sale + free carry bag and sponge worth $30. :P

The ones I'd rate in particular are the Super Resin Polish and Extra Protection. It's a bit hard to notice the extra glossy finish on silver though but after about four weeks of under the sun and not being garaged, body panels are still glass smooth and beads beautifully. I'll be taking note of how long it'll last.
Their tyre shine is excellent. It's long lasting and won't attract dust. Just need to remember to wipe up the excess on the tyre or else it'll splatter near the rear of the wheel arches.
I've used their leather cleaner and leather conditioner and it has worked a charm on the interior. The cleaner definitely removes crappy grime build up on the leather and then the conditioner restores its softness.
The bumper and trim gel for exterior unpainted black plastics looks amazing when applied; however, after a few high pressure car washes it'll pretty much be off again. Not too overly impressed about that one. Good for car shows I guess lol
paggaz

Car: 2007 GT Spec.B Wagon Silver
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17423#p241526

Postby Gen5is » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:10 pm

I have their Custom wheel cleaner and Tyre shine. Custom wheel cleaner didnt work, although i guess its because i didnt follow the instructions and sprayed it on whilst the rims were still hot :lol: had to re apply it a couple of times. Tyre shines good so far, 2 weeks and still shiny! No dust! Cant say the same about the body of the car :( haha
Gen5is

Car: MY12 Subaru Liberty 2.5i Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22586

Postby madix » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Like most of the imported brands here, there's nothing wrong with them, just overpriced compared to overseas. As long as you use it properly, should do the job nicely.
madix

Postby BUDDAH » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Think about this if your mate gets 40% just what is it worth SFA?

I use this on all my cars boats jet skis RV bikes gokarts :wink: :D

Its now around $50 1000 ml but that will do 15 cars This stuff is magic removes bugs tar easy on easy off can do a car in 20 minutes the RV takes 6 hours 8)

There is a warning Keep out of reach of children idiots and kieran :wink: :)

A mate with a new black E63 AMG‎: who has used everything now uses car lac 68 and loves me and loves it :D :D

Last edited by BUDDAH on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BUDDAH
I've been banned

Next

Return to Detailing