Results from Final Inspection

Detaling and car washing techniques

Postby triptizine » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Link: http://forums.finalinspection.com.au/sh ... p?p=104856

I went and got the Lib 'intensived' by Damien @ Final Inspection. Results are remarkable! Car looks amazing! Seriously Money well spent.. When I got the car from it was covered in holograms, swirls and general shithouse maintenance, it was driving me up the wall.

Thought i would share, if you want to give your car some love in Melbourne. Damien is your guy.
triptizine

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B Tuned by STI #150

Postby THERB3 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Can I ask what package that Damian recommend ?
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Re: Results from Final Inspection

Postby triptizine » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:18 pm

THERB3 wrote:Can I ask what package that Damian recommend ?

Intensive.

Subaru Paint (especially Obsidian Black) is one of the softest going around.. Damien preferred to spend a full 2 days with the car. @ a cost of $488. Its not cheap. But the results and quality of the work is second to none. The car looks amazing. Just want to get this ran away. Give her a quick wash and get some photos done :)
triptizine

Postby THERB3 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Did he do any work on the interior ?
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Postby triptizine » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:26 pm

THERB3 wrote:Did he do any work on the interior ?

Nope. Outside only. Interior was smick. 8)

Seems exy, but he spent 16hrs with the car. Thats a lot of time. So roughly $30ph, including materials. For a world class detailer (who has and does do work for Ferrari/Lamborghini) i dont mind.
triptizine

Postby Gambit » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:16 am

Very nice! indeed, my car needs a detail to that level, but first i need to get my front and rear bar resprayed and a few scratches sorted before a job on that scale would do it justice.
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby vp920b » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:59 am

Damien works great. I admit it since he already got a long experience. And your libs looks great too.

@gambit

I'm sorry last time I didn't call you because I got my uni worked and I got back to my hometown till Mid Feb. I can do your car on beginning of March.

Cheers

Naldo
vp920b

Car: 1992 Liberty RS

Postby Gambit » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:53 am

no worries will be in contact
Gambit

Car: Subaru

Postby senator » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:34 pm

its worth every bit of coin......

i had my car detailed shortly after delivery, i was shown how to apply OCW a spray and wipe wax/paint sealant, the car is almost 3 years old and the paint still looks perfect..... when its clean of course. :angry2:

Cam, just make sure you maintain it, remember the pre rinse and two bucket washing method, it will save your paint from swirl and scratches.
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby triptizine » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:39 pm

senator wrote:its worth every bit of coin......

i had my car detailed shortly after delivery, i was shown how to apply OCW a spray and wipe wax/paint sealant, the car is almost 3 years old and the paint still looks perfect..... when its clean of course. :angry2:

Cam, just make sure you maintain it, remember the pre rinse and two bucket washing method, it will save your paint from swirl and scratches.

Yer, I workshopped with Damien about 5 years ago on washing techniques. Got a lot of useful tips! :D

Its amazing how good the paint looks when properly done, and it can be a deal sealer when you come to sell! Especially with Performance Cars. :assassin:
triptizine

Postby senator » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:42 pm

triptizine wrote:

Yer, I workshopped with Damien about 5 years ago on washing techniques. Got a lot of useful tips! :D

Its amazing how good the paint looks when properly done, and it can be a deal sealer when you come to sell! Especially with Performance Cars. :assassin:

i noticed from the pics posted, your car was detailed in garage....what happened to large drive thru place he had..... or did you get some extra private lovin off site
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby triptizine » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:03 pm

senator wrote:
triptizine wrote:

i noticed from the pics posted, your car was detailed in garage....what happened to large drive thru place he had..... or did you get some extra private lovin off site

He closed it down.. too busy (no life) so went back to a Garage in Cambelfield. Which is some very very private space. It was great the whole 2 days he had the car, it was the only car there
triptizine

Postby overl0ad » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:42 pm

i've had damien do my car in the past and i cannot recommend him enough.
tangcla wrote:I didn't have to. I have girly Asian hands :lol:
overl0ad

Car: MY07 GTB 6MT *sold*

Return to Detailing